Chapter Four

C H A P T E R - F O U R

───

—DAMON FINISHED DIGGING A
rather deep hole in the ground outside of the boarding house. Solemnly he threw the shovel to the side and began to walk towards his car. Where Rosalinas body lay in the back seat covered by a blanket he had gathered from her old guest room. One she used in 1994, when she had met Stefan for the second time.

He opened the door and went to scoop up his fallen friends body. Only to yell out in shock as her body shot up in place. His head smacking against the frame of the door as he stumbled backwards. Two pale hands shooting out to grasp the material of his shirt. Pulling him forwards to keep his body from colliding with the dirt.

His face coming inches away from her own. Blue orbs enlarged at the sight of her crystal clear green eyes. Mouth open like a fish out of water. Her lips on the other hand were turned up on a tired smile.

"Hello there Mr. Salvatore" she uttered softly. His shock slowly sliding away for the moment. Pushing his endless list of questions to the back of his mind. Instead wrapping his arms around the girls abdomen. As tears sprung to his eyes.

"You never were one for hugs" she commented. Wrapping her arms around his neck in return. The blanket that was covering her falling into her lap limply. Damon letting out a slight breath of relief at her words.

"Well it's not everyday one of your friends dies and comes back to life. I think a hug is appropriate" he confessed. Separating from the girl with a puppy like look on his face. Emotions he usually hid pouring out into the world.

"I'll explain everything, I swear to you. First I'd appreciate if you could assist me in unbloodifying and grabbing something to eat" she spoke. Gesturing to her blood stained clothes and sunken in skin.

She was rather hungry and uncomfortable. Two things she knew he'd be happy to help with. He nodded and helped her to her feet. Leaving his car open besides the hole he had previously dug for her corpse.

Now focused on speeding her into the boarding house. Escorting her past the lounge where Stefan and Elena sat cuddled up on one of the sofas. The doppelgängers eyes widening in complete shock at the two as they walked past. Blinking repeatedly as if it would clear up the image and assure her Damon was outside burying her. Not taking her upstairs in perfect health.

"Stefan" she muttered. Smacking his chest with the back of her hand to gain his attention. His green orbs looking down upon her before following his line of sight. Gasping at the sight of Rosalina passing by.

"Here, you can use the shower. I'll set up some towels and clothes on the bed" he spoke. Showing her where his bathroom was before excusing himself to grab a few blood bags for when she was done.

Rosalina allowing a grateful smile to appear on her lips as he left. Closing the door behind him, giving her some privacy as she began to strip from the bloodied clothes. Grimacing as the cloth stuck to her skin.