Chapter Twenty Four

C HA P T E R - T W E N T Y - F O U R

───

—CAROLINE EXITED HER HOUSE
and headed down to her car. Humming silently to herself as she went to unlock the vehicle. Rosalina inside the house collecting her items from their mini manicure session. The blonde informing the Forbes of a multitude of things from her past. Most revolving around Niklaus and his tendencies.

"Caroline" Tyler's voice called sternly. The blonde jumping slightly before turning to face her friend. A sheepish smile on her lips as she greeted him. A kiss they had shared a few nights back playing on repeat in the back of her mind.

"Hey! How's it going?" She asked, genuinely curious to see how the boy was holding up since his first full moon. Knowing that he felt rather guilty after attacking Rosalina. Even if they had played down the attack to lessen his possible suspicion. Since he was in the dark about everyone else's vampirism.

"We need to talk" he answered plainly. Rosalina stopping by the door of Caroline's home. Leaning against the doorframe, hidden from sight as she listened in to the start of their conversation. Her ears perking up at the tone the werewolf was using. It was less than desirable.

"Yeah, we do. Listen... I've been thinking about it and I don't want to overanalyze—" she started, wringing her hands together nervously as she spoke. "—It was just one kiss but Matt's still kind of in the picture" Caroline sighed. "We can't go there, Tyler"

"Fine" Tyler agreed halfheartedly. His mind clearly somewhere else as he stared her down distastefully. His tone dry and careless.

"Great! That's settled—" Tyler moved into her line of sight when she attempted to unlock her car once more. Making her brows furrow in pure confusion. "What are you doing?" She questioned.

"What happened to my uncle mason?" He finally managed to spit out. The original tensing in her hiding spot at his demanding fashion. He clearly knew the answer, and was testing her to see if she'd be honest with him. Something she knew Caroline would not do.

"What?"

"He's dead, and I want you to tell me what happened" Tyler continued. The wording he used making Caroline out to be an idiot. Something Rosalina found to be disgusting. Her fists clenching as she refrained from stepping out before it was necessary.

"let me tell you—" he started when she did nothing but stutter in response. "—Stefan and his brother Damon killed him, because Stefan and Damon are vampires, just like you" He growled out.

"Let me explain" Caroline pleaded desperately. Not wanting to lose the friendship she had with the boy over the protection she provided the brothers. Tyler's nostrils flaring as she gave him the answer he dreaded. She knew.