Chapter 44: An Offer he could Refuse.

"We'll have Aurors stationed in all Cities all over Britain. If Sebastian Sallow flees to one of them. We will know about it." The Head of the Auror Department informed Headmaster Black in his office back at Hogwarts, with Sean and Ominis sitting in front of the man. 

"I never would've suspected that Sebastian Sallow would fall to pieces like that. I mean... you had to see that... Monster. That... Demon." Black said.

"You mustn't blame yourself, Headmaster. Some Wizards just turn dark for no apparent reason." The Auror replied. "I must get back to the Ministry. Hunting down Sebastian Sallow is our top priority." He then turned to Sean and Ominis. "Gentlemen." And he departed.  

Sean shook his head at the ignorance of the Head of the Auror Department. Sean didn't even bother to learn his name. Sebastian did have a reason for falling to pieces. And placing Sebastian as the top priority where Ranrok and Rookwood were still the threat.

"Well... that's that." Black declared to Sean and Ominis. "Though... I seriously doubt that Mr. Sallow will remain in a city since he's just used Blood Magic. And not to mention... fleeing over the Sea. Such a waste." 

Sean raised an eyebrow. 

"Sallow is a powerful Pureblood Family. For them to fall like this." Black said. "That is a real pity." 

"A Real Pity, sir?" Sean asked. "Headmaster... what happened out there-" 

"Was out of our control." Black interrupted. "Much as I would love to throw you out of my School for even being in league with Sebastian and be done with it, Celt. I don't have evidence that you were involved in any of the unforgivable curses that he used. Were you involved?" He asked. 

"No. I wasn't." Sean answered. "I was trying to prevent Sebastian from using that Dark Magic." 

"Really? Well, you failed." Black sarcastically replied. 

Sean didn't deny that. He did fail Sebastian. And he paid the price for it. The Spirit of the Wolf was right. 

"Oh... I never thought things would come to this. Not during my tenure as Headmaster as Hogwarts. Why did it have to be at mine? The Prophet is going to have a field day and my legacy could be disgraced." Black said. "But let it be said that I'm... sorry you got mixed up in all of this, Ominis." 

"Headmaster... what will happen when the Aurors... find Sebastian?" Ominis asked nervously. 

"Why would you care to know?" Black asked confused. "You still consider Sallow your friend after what he did?" 

"Why... yes I do." Ominis answered hesitantly. 

"Yes, well. Still being in shock will do that, I suppose." Black replied. "After all, you are blind and therefore didn't see the kind of Monster that Sebastian had become." And then he sighed. "Very well, Mr. Gaunt. Mr. Sallow has been expelled of course. And the Ministry will hunt him down and bring justice to him." He answered.

"Do you mean... bring him to justice?" Ominis asked. 

Sean noticed that too.

"I do not." Black answered. "The Ministry of Magic has ordered for him to be eliminated. No Wizengamot Trial, no Azkaban, just straight up Elimination." 

Sean had mixed feelings about it. He knew that Blood Magic was an incredibly Dark Art. But the Mental State of Sebastian had not been taken into consideration at all. Nor did the Ministry care about why Sebastian acted in the way that he did. If they knew the truth... there might be some level of mercy. At least that's what Sean thought. 

But then again, this was the Ministry. They were passive when they should've been aggressive. And aggressive when the situation for a problem could be solved with diplomacy. The Ministry was that dumb.