Chapter 9: Hell on Earth.

Sean had only been in the Ravenclaw Common Room. It felt like a true Wizards tower the first time that he saw it. And it was a clear Culture Shock when Sarah had met him outside the entrance, and they both entered the Hufflepuff Common Room after Sarah had tapped the ritual to open the doors. Which in all honesty, looked like the Home of a Hobbit in Middle Earth. With it's circle like doors, wooden frames and comforts in all the world that were around the Common Room. It was mainly empty for now, so there wouldn't be a fuss about Sean coming in.

"This is a nice place." Sean commented.

"Thank you." Sarah thanked. "Come on, he's right over here." And she motioned Sean to follow her to the portrait of Eldritch Diggory.

Sean looked at Eldritch Diggory who was a man in a suit with short grey hair and spectacles. "Mr. Diggory." Sarah greeted. "This is the boy I was telling you about." 

"So you have." The Portrait of Eldritch Diggory said then turning to Sean. "Allow me to introduce myself. So few students know who I am these days. Eldritch Diggory. Former Minister of Magic and founder of the Auror Recruitment Program. At your service." He greeted.

"Sean Patrick Cormag of the Celts." Sean greeted back. "Sarah said you knew about the torn pages of a book." 

"Indeed I do." Eldritch confirmed. "I believe you and Miss. Parker here can help solve a decades old murder- thanks to the book you found and its missing pages. Word travels fast at Hogwarts these days. And we Portraits have ears and eyes everywhere." 

"And how does a murder connect with the book?" Sean asked. 

"A boy disappeared with those pages, but they never found the body. A girl was convicted of his murder nonetheless." Eldritch answered. "I was hoping that a Hufflepuff like Miss. Parker would be inclined to help seek long overdue justice, and a Ravenclaw could join in as well." 

"Alright. If it'll lead us to the missing pages, I'll do it." Sean answered. 

"As will I." Sarah agreed.  

"My Great Niece, Helen Thistlewood can provide you with details. She's retired now but was a skilled Auror in her day." Eldritch informed. "And the unsolved murder of which I speak was her case. I often visit my portrait in her home- in the nearby hamlet of Upper Hogsfield. Shall I tell her to expect both of you?"   

"You can." Sarah answered. 

"Brilliant." Eldritch grinned. "With what I suspect is your knack for hard work, Miss. Parker, and Mr. Cormag's keen mind, combined with Helen's, both mysteries may be solved sooner than you think." 

"Come on, Sean. Let's get going." Sarah said as she started to head for Upper Hogsfield. 

"Right behind you." Sean replied. 

And Sean and Sarah started to head for Upper Hogsfield. "A Book connected to a murder?" Sean asked. "Sounds strange if you ask me." 

"It is strange." Sarah admitted. "But if a girl was convicted of murder unjustly, it's our duty to seek out justice and the truth. That's how I was raised. And I'm certain that you feel the same way." 

"I do feel the same way." Sean said. 

"And this'll benefit us both." Sarah added. "We'll get the missing pages to the book, and we get to save a innocent woman from a terrible fate. And help Miss. Thistlewood." 

"All benefit and everyone wins. Let's set a course for Upper Hogsfield." Sean declared. The momentum behind him and Sarah. Sean also found himself discussing what had happened with Natty and himself with the Goblins.