Chapter 32: Buried Past.

Sean had managed to clean himself up from the Mine debris. And the same was for An-ru. Sarah who had remained relatively clean was not too worried about that. 

"At least we've taken down Ranrok's Factory. That'll certainly slow his progress down on building his army." Sarah commented as Sean and An-ru had used charms to clean themselves up. 

But Sean was more practical and realistic. "That was only one factory. I'm pretty sure that Ranrok has others. We may have wounded the animal. But we haven't struck the killing blow." He replied. "Not to mention that there's still Harlow and Rookwood to deal with." 

"But at least we've pushed them to the Coast." Sarah assured.

"They can sssstill do much damage there." An-ru pointed out. 

"You know, An-ru. You could at least give a little optimism in response to Sean's realism." Sarah shot back. 

"Now where issssss the fun in that?" An-ru asked. 

"I just hope Professor Fitzgerald has confirmed what she needed to. We have to complete the next trial as soon as we can." Sean said changing the subject.

"And by we, you mean you." Sarah replied. "You're the only one who can complete the trials." 

"But we can alwayssss provide emotional ssssupport." An-ru suggested. 

Sean had suddenly stopped. "What?" Sarah asked.

"What time is it?" Sean asked.

"It's 2:30pm. Why?" Sarah answered.

That was when Sean smacked his head. "Ugh. Fig is busy teaching Magical Theory right now." He grunted. 

"Well, then we'll jusssst have to wait until he comessss out." An-ru said like it was no big deal.

"That's true. But let's talk with Professor Fitzgerald while we're waiting." Sean requested. 

"And where doesssss sssshe teach?" An-ru asked.

"Oh, she's not a Professor. She's a Portrait." Sarah answered. "We have to go down to the Map Chamber below Hogwarts." 

"The Map Chamber?" An-ru asked. 

"It's right below the school." Sean answered. "I came across it early in the year, after a little trip in the Forbidden Forest." 

"You have been busssssy." An-ru replied. 

"Tell me something I don't know." Sean said. "Now let's go. Come on." And he led both Sarah and An-ru into the Map Chamber that was below the Hogwarts Grounds. Past some empty halls, and into the Map Chamber entrance. 

And it amazed An-ru as he was now looking right inside the Map Chamber. "The architecture issssss far different than anything that I have ever sssssseen." He commented.

"It was like that my first time here." Sarah grinnned.

Sean got the door to reveal the portraits were still there and waiting. The portraits of Charles Rookwood, Percival Rackham, and Niamh Fitzgerald still there. "Welcome back, Mr. Cormag." Fitzgerald greeted. 

"Professors. I have returned." Sean informed. 

"So we see." Rackham replied. "I see that Miss. Parker is with you, and-" His eyes opened wide when he saw An-ru. "What is that?!" 

"Is that... a Lizardfolk?" Fitzgerald asked. 

"Yes. This is An-ru. I saved him from the bonds of captivity from some Poachers." Sean answered. "Now he is bound to serve me as part of a life debt. It's a long story."