Chapter 1: A New World and a New Life.

Sean found himself now sleeping not on the wet and muddy ground, but rather a soft bed in a strange room he knew nothing about. He also found himself wearing a nightgown and wasn't sure about where his clothes had been. "How did I get here?" He asked himself. He then began to think about his situation. The last thing he remembered was... disappearing from his village on fire. And then... seeing the blurry faces of two people above him. Did they take him somewhere? Sean assumed so. It would explain the new clothes and the roof over his head. Which was of a far different shape than back home. There was the sudden opening of the door.

And he found himself looking face to face with a young red haired girl with blue eyes. "Oh, you're awake. Father and Mother will be pleased." She greeted with a smile.

Sean wasn't sure how to respond to that. He just sat on his bed.

"There's nothing to fear. We're not going to harm you. We took you back home after you were in the rain on the mud." Sarah explained.

"Why'd yeh save me?" Sean asked indifferently.

"You were in trouble. I simply had to help." Sarah answered.

"Well... thanks... yeh didn't have to help me, yeh know." Sean thanked remembering his manners.

"It's in my nature." Sarah replied. "Father always tells us that it's always the nature of God to help those in need."

"God..." Sean repeated. He looked at Sarah.

"My name is Sarah by the way. Sarah Parker." Sarah introduced herself. "And that must make you... Sean Patrick Cormag."

"It is." Sean replied.

"Well, it's nice to officially meet you Sean." Sarah held out her hand.

Sean didn't take it. And Sarah pulled back the hand as if nothing had happened. "Well... when you're ready, get dressed and then you can speak to Father. He's the one that rescued you last night." Sarah explained to Sean. And she closed the door.

Sean was not sure what Sarah was talking about. But he did see some new clothes that were sitting by Sean's bedside. They were strange clothes. Not like the ones that Sean was used to. Not at all. But nevertheless, Sean not wanting to be a ungrateful guest, put them on. It wasn't like he had much choice considering that he didn't know where his other clothes went.

Before Sean did though, he found himself feeling the heat of flames still on his shoulder. And the screams of his villagers, the roar of the Dragon, and his Father and Mother telling him to run. Who would dare have the nerve to attack his people? And why? Those questions ran through Sean's head like wildfire.

Sean also saw the Flute. All that he had left of his Mother. He blew on it. It still played music... but without the lure of the Forest, and inside a house... it didn't feel the same.

As Sean walked down the stairs of the house, he came upon William sitting on a chair and eating his Breakfast.

"Ah... so you finally wake." William said. He had just finished eating. "Come... we saved you a plate."

Sean stood there not moving an inch.

"It's not poisoned." William assured. "Best to eat it while hot."

Sean sat down by the table. He looked at the silverware around him. William sat at the end of the table as Sean took a bite of food.

"That was quite a wonderful flute sound." William said. "I don't believe I've ever heard something more beautiful."

"Thank yeh." Sean replied. "It was my Mother's." He looked around him some more.

"You are in Liverpool, England." William informed him. "Probably as my Daughter, Sarah has informed you, Sean. We rescued you last night in the mud." He explained.