Chapter 16: The Helm of Urtkot.

Sean had traveled the next day to Hogsmeade. He hadn't forgotten that he still had to speak with Sirona Ryan. So he returned to the Three Broomsticks. And it was easier to traverse the Castle Grounds now with his broom. And also with his journey to Hogsmeade itself.

And Sean could see Sirona Ryan where she always was. Behind the counter of the Three Broomsticks. "Miss. Ryan?" Sean asked.

"Oh... if it isn't our Celtic friend. Mr. Cormag." Sirona greeted warmly. "What can I do for you?"

"Well, a Butterbeer would be nice." Sean answered. He gave Sirona some money and Sean got a Butterbeer in return.

"And I don't think I got the opportunity to thank you for what you did with Rookwood and Harlow the day of the Troll attack. So... you know, thank you." Sean started.

"Sirona, please." Sirona insisted. "And I was happy to help. Rookwood and Harlow are nothing but trouble. Glad you and Miss. Parker and Miss. Onai were here when they found you."

"You and me both." Sean replied. "I couldn't help but notice while I was here that you were speaking to a Goblin."

"Yes, Lodgok. He's a friend." Sirona confirmed.

"Surprising to see someone so friendly with a Goblin." Sean noted.

"I've known him for years. We met when I was waiting tables here as a student- well before I bought the place." Sirona explained. "You don't seem to be friendly with Goblins, do you?"

"Not particularly after my village was destroyed and my parents killed by Goblins." Sean answered. And that anger still hit him to this day.

"Sorry to hear that." Sirona said. "For what it's worth. Lodgok was cordial enough, but we weren't friends then. His mistrust of Wizardkind runs deep."

"And you're friends now?" Sean asked.

"We are." Sirona answered. "Hadn't seen him in years when he came in a year ago. But, he recognized me instantly. Which is more than I can say for some of my classmates. Took them a second to realize I was actually a witch, not a wizard. Sorry. Got off topic. What was I saying?"

"We were talking about Goblins..." Sean reminded.

"Oh, right." Sirona said. "Not all Goblins are like Ranrok and his Loyalists. Lodgok is as worried as the rest of us about what's been going on. He came in one night in distress and disarray. So distraught as if he was in a trauma."

"Did he say why?" Sean asked.

"He didn't." Sirona answered. "I didn't want to upset him, so I didn't press the issue."

Sean pondered as to why. But if Lodgok didn't discuss it with Sirona. Then there was no way that Sirona was going to tell Sean. "But you didn't come all this way to discuss that type of stuff with a Patron at the Three Broomsticks, did you?" Sirona asked. She knew when someone had business to speak of. One did not take control of an Inn by being stupid.

"No. I was hoping that I could talk to Lodgok as a matter of fact. About Ranrok in particular. Where might I find him?" Sean requested. 

"And I assume your interest is to do with the rumors I've heard about Ranrok working with out little friend Rookwood." Sirona added.

"It is." Sean confirmed. There was no reason to lie or anything like that.

"If he's not here, you might find him doing business at the Hog's Head. He's a trusted metal trader." Sirona answered. "You should mention that we spoke. He can, understandably, be wary of Witches and Wizards. Even ones as young as you."