Chapter 22: Have Fun Storming the Castle.

Sean had returned to Hogwarts Castle. And to Sarah who was by the Entrance Hall.

"There you are, Sean." Sarah said.

"Hm..." Sean had picked up his ears. "Oh... Sarah..." He said with a weak smile. "Hi." 

"Hi..." Sarah said awkwardly. "So... how did it go?" She asked.

"How did what go?" Sean asked.

"That thing with Natty." Sarah clarified. She wondered what was up with Sean and what happened. Given how silent and one dimensional his responses was.

"Um..." Sean started to say. He didn't think it was a good idea to just tell Sarah that he basically slaughtered a whole horde of Ashwinders for kidnapping a boy like they were animals. "Fine. A kid got kidnapped. I rescued him." 

"Oh... well..." Sarah started. "Well, that's great." 

"Actually, it was Natty. I just took care of the guards." Sean admitted.

"Still, you saved an innocent boy." Sarah said.

"Yeah. And I took care of the kidnappers." Sean replied. 

 "Also great." Sarah added. "So... what did Garreth want your help with anyway?" She asked.

"He asked me to get him some Billywig Sings for a Potion he's concocting." Sean answered glad to have the subject changed.

"Oh, another Potion?" Sarah asked.

"I don't think it'll explode on us again." Sean replied.

"You don't know Garreth like I do, Sean." Sarah said. "He means well, but it usually doesn't work out well for him."

"So is that why you don't date him?" Sean asked. "Or is it because you're still thinking about Sebastian?"

"I don't think of Sebastian!" Sarah protested getting all defensive.

But Sean could tell that was not the case otherwise Sarah wouldn't have gotten all defensive like she did. "If you say so." Was all he said.

"I'm serious. I don't think about Sebastian." Sarah tried to say.

"I can tell you're lying." Sean smirked.

"Stop it, Sean." Sarah insisted.

"You're thinking about him right now, aren't you?" Sean asked.

"No. I'm thinking about the Map Chamber and what we should be doing right now." Sarah answered.

"And Sebastian." Sean added with a smirk as he pushed the door.

"Sean. I broke up with him. I'm over him. He caused the relationship to deteriorate when he went all obsessed." Sarah pointed out.

"Well, come on, Sarah. Let's go to the Map Chamber." Sean figured. 

Fig in the meantime was speaking with Charles Rookwood and Professor Rackham. "You would be wise not to underestimate this Student." Fig was saying. "Sean's aptitude for magic is beyond anything I've ever seen- and I've been teaching a long time. And that includes his ability to pick up new magic and master it."

"It is a joy to have such a student." Rackham said.

"So... if I could make Sebastian see beyond his obsession, would you date him again and is that why you won't date Garreth, because you're secretly hoping that I change Sebastian's ways?" Sean asked.

"I have no comment." Sarah answered.

"It's a simple yes or no question, Sarah." Sean countered.

"Ugh. Why are you so interested in my love life all of a sudden?" Sarah asked.