Chapter 39: What does it mean to suffer?

Taking away pain from a person. The Portrait of Isidora refusing to be shown. The Triptych scattered all throughout the Hogwarts area. Why were the Keepers not telling him? What would he find? 

These were questions that ran all throughout Sean's head. And he needed to ask them fast before Sebastian turned to Dark Magic from which there would be no return. He ran down the hall and down the stairs to the Keepers Room. Only to find the entrance to the door locked. 

"What?" Sean asked in disbelief. "Locked!" And he banged on the door. 

"You won't have much luck with that I'm afraid, Sean." Fig informed behind him. 

"Professor Fig. What's going on? Why can't I get inside?" Sean asked.

"Professor Bakar believed that he and the other Keepers needed time to decide if you should see the final memory... alone." Fig answered. "I tried my best to convince them that you were worthy... but... they would hear none of it." 

"Damnit." Sean grunted. "I really needed to talk to them about something important. Professor. I found another memory." 

"Another memory of the Keepers? Without a Trial?" Fig asked in disbelief. "And what happened to Miss. Parker and An-ru?" 

"Okay. To answer your questions in order... Yes. Yes. And as for Sarah and An-ru, they traversed up to the Room of Requirement to see something after we saw the memory." Sean answered.

"Then what happened in the memory you saw?" Fig asked.

"It was the same memory that I saw in Rookwood's Trial. Except, this time was different. It was Isidora's Memory. I found a Triptych and placed the pieces together and it formed a portrait." Sean explained. 

"A memory of Isidora Morganach." Fig realized. "Did you see her in the Portrait?" 

"No. There wasn't a person inside the portrait at all. It was empty." Sean answered. 

"An empty portrait? Why?" Fig asked.

"I can only guess that the Keepers wanted to keep Isidora quiet. There's more to this story other than the Professors simply disagreeing with Isidora taking away pain." Sean informed. 

"I agree with you on that one, Sean." Fig agreed. "And I bet the final memory will show what really happened. In the memory that you saw... what was... different?" He asked. 

"Well, Isidora took away her Father's pain and placed the magic in a jar. This memory showed me how she did it. She used Goblin Silver. From a Goblin trader named Bragbor." Sean explained. 

"Bragbor?" Fig asked surprised. "That's a well known name. He was one of the most famous Goblin Metal Workers and Traders in the Middle Ages." 

"Yes. And Isidora contacted him about needing a stash of Goblin Silver. Something to contain all the magic that Isidora was storing. Something... much bigger. She didn't tell him why, and what for. Only that it would contain the power until Isidora could convince the Keepers of the power." Sean continued. "Like..." It had now clicked for him. "The Repository at Rookwood's Castle!" 

"That's what Bragbor built for Isidora?" Fig asked. "No wonder Ranrok wants it back so badly. Goblins built the Repository, and Ranrok would want it back due to the oath of the Goblins." He realized. "But if that Repository at Rookwood's Castle was already found, why would he keep drilling for more?" 

"There's another Repository. Even bigger than the one we already saw. We just... don't know where it is. Neither of us." Sean answered. 

"Well, then I guess we'll have to keep our eyes open for any more movement. And beat Ranrok to the Repository." Fig declared. And he looked at Sean. "Sean. Maybe you should go up and get some shut eye. You look exhausted."