Chapter 36: The Olive Branch.

It was now officially Christmas. Sean remembered waking up in his Dormitory. An-ru sleeping on the bed below him. There was barely anyone in the Ravenclaw Common Room. Not that that bothered Sean. He also got dressed and came down the Great Hall. Where everyone was gathered. Again. Not that many people were around.

"Happy Christmas, Sean." Fig greeted with a smile on his face.

"Happy Christmas, Professor." Sean said. 

And Sean had also kept his word that he would tell Fig and An-ru everything that happened to him in the Third Trial. The strange world that he had entered. His encounter with Death itself. And all of the Shadows. Him finding the Deathly Hallows. And using them. And how he encountered the House Peverell. And the visions of the past. Of Ancient Greece and Rome. 

"Magnificent." Fig commented. 

"To think that one would encounter Death itssssself." An-ru commented. 

"It was a story version of Death." Sean admitted. "When I traversed the trial, Professor Fitzgerald told me that it would be based on a Children's Story. Though. I was not familiar with it." 

"Ah. That. What you have heard was the Tale of the Deathly Hallows. It is one of the Tales of Beedle the Bard. I was told this story as a child by my parents. Nearly every Wizard born in Britain has heard the tale. A tale of three brothers who crossed a bridge at Twilight, and were bestowed 3 gifts by Death itself. A Wand, a Stone, and a Cloak. The Wand to rule all others, the Stone to recall loved ones back from the grave, and The Cloak which turns the wearer invincible. Combined together, they make one the Master of Death." Fig explained. "Many Wizards and Treasure Hunters have tried for years to find their existance. None were successful."  

"Could these items truly exist?" Sean asked. 

"Rumored." Fig answered. "It's rumored to exist. But no one could ever find it. The only thing anyone could ever find of the symbol and three brothers was the Roman Family, Peverell." 

"Yes. I do remember meeting three brothers. They created the tale of The Three Brothers. Perhaps this, Beedle the Bard took notes and put them in his book. Just... how old is the tale of Beedle the Bard? When was it first made?" Sean asked. 

"Eh... the 15th Century, I think." Fig answered. 

"Do you believe that Ranrok ssssssseeksssss out thessse Deathly Hallowsssss?" An-ru asked. 

"I don't think so. We would've seen evidence of Ranrok seeking out the Relics. I think all he wants is the Repositories." Sean answered.

"Then the Hallows are something we needn't concern ourselves. I theorize that it would take at least another 100 Years before they come to the surface again. When the time is right. They shall reveal themselves, I do believe." Fig declared. 

"What happened to Houssssse Peverell?" An-ru asked. 

"The died out when there were no more Male heirs." The voice of Ominis interrupted. 

All three looked at Ominis who was just standing there. "It just got quiet." He said.

"Professor Fig, Ominis knows about the whole conflict with the Goblins, no need for secrecy." Sean assured. 

"I just heard enough to know you guys were talking about House Peverell." Ominis explained. "It's one of the most sacred Houses in all of Britain. With origins dating back to the Roman Republic. Until they took control of Britain for the Magic Imperium by order of Caesar. House Gaunt is descended from House Peverell. All the good it did us in the end." 

"Do you know anything by these Deathly Hallows?" Sean asked. 

"Oh, were you talking to me, Sean?" Ominis asked. "Just one at the very least." He admitted. "Throughout its long reign, along with our ability to speak to Snakes, we received a Single Family Ring. With the symbol of House Peverell on it to show our heritage. Our ancestors believed that it contained a great power. I have a theory that it's the Resurrection Stone. Though... I can't confirm this by sight. I think you know why."