Chapter 20: The Other Side.

Sean was lying on a couch in the Room of Requirement. With Sarah beside him looking for wounds. 

"He won't have any cuts and blood, Sarah. The Cruciatus Curse is-" Ominis was saying.

"I know, Ominis. But we have to make sure just to be safe." Sarah replied. 

Sean still felt very weak. But that was when Sarah started chanting a spell. 

A Glow had surrounded Sean, and restoring his strength. Releasing positive energy back into him. 

"How do you feel, Sean?" Sarah asked. 

Sean began to sit up. "I am..." He didn't feel weak anymore. He was back to full strength. "...better now, I think. I feel back to full strength." 

"Now you see why no one should ever know that curse." Ominis said. "I still can't bring myself to use that spell to this day. Regardless of what my Family wants." 

Deek came into the Room. "Is Sean Cormag alright now?" He asked.

"I'm okay, Deek." Sean answered. 

"Deek is most relieved to hear that." Deek said. "Deek thought that Sean Cormag would never be the same again." 

"Listen, Deek. Could you give us a moment alone?" Sarah asked.

"Of course, Deek will also see to Highwing and the other Magical Beasts." Deek answered. And he left the room. 

As he left... Sarah was left with an even more dissatisfied face in her life. 

"Ugh. I never like it when you get those long moments of pause, Sarah." Ominis commented. He had been through that ride before. 

"How could Sebastian do this?" Sarah asked very heartbroken. "He used the Cruciatus Curse on Sean! What was he- what was he thinking?" 

"We never should've gone for that Scriptorium. I never should've listened to Sebastian-" Ominis started to say.

"Ominis, stop. The fault is mine." Sean interrupted. "You were following my orders. I thought I could guide Sebastian so he wouldn't make a foolish mistake." 

"A Huge mistake is more like it." Ominis corrected. "The only good thing to come out of that was finding out what happened to my Aunt." 

"Your Aunt?" Sarah asked. "And what is this about a Scriptorium, anyway?" 

"You don't remember?" Ominis asked.

"I was a little preoccupied with shouting at Sebastian." Sarah answered. 

And Sean had recapped the whole tale of the Scriptorium to Sarah. And how when faced with the door... someone had to use the Torture Curse. And that someone being Sebastian. "I didn't know the Cruciatus Curse. And I sure as hell wasn't going to let Ominis be the one to suffer it. It had to be me." He explained. 

Sarah shook her head in disbelief. "And you just let Sebastian use that curse on you? Just like that?" 

"Yes." Sean answered. "I had hoped that it would show him the error of his ways, that by doing it to me, he would realize that his quest and his work is wrong." 

"Oh, you don't know Sebastian like I do, Sean." Sarah said not satisfied. "Sebastian doesn't... he doesn't understand the difference between friend and foe. He doesn't understand that some magic should never be learned. Now spells like Confringo. I make my peace with that. But when it comes to the Unforgivable Curses... he crosses a line. But Sebastian doesn't care. To him, it's all a game." 

"He's not thinking straight, Sarah." Sean pointed out.

"You're seriously defending his actions?" Sarah asked. "Look at what he did to you."