Chapter 42: The Final Trial.

The Snidgets were all safe. And the Poachers were defeated. Not to mention that Poppy was happy, and not just because the Snidgets were saved, but also to have finally kissed Sean Cormag.

It was at the entrance hall that Poppy had parted ways with the others. "I don't know what to say but... thank you. To all of you." She said.

"It was nothing, Poppy." Sean replied. 

"If anyone can keep the Snidgets out of the Poachers hands. It's the Centaurs." Poppy said. "And... when the Poachers ambushed us, I- it was- nice not to face them alone." 

"Well... It was also nice to not face them alone, too." Sean admitted. "And to remind myself on why I fight." 

"And why do you fight?" Poppy asked.

"To protect the innocent from death and destruction." Sean answered. "I still intend to settle the score with Ranrok, and any one associated with him. And I still intend to see them dead. But..." He then looked at Sarah. "It won't be because of a desire for revenge. But to protect this world from their own destructive fury. So that's what I'll do." 

And that made Sarah nod. It was a good idea to help Poppy and the Snidgets. It reminded Sean why he was fighting off Evil Forces. Because it was to protect. Not out of obsession of revenge.

"For what it's worth, Sean. I'm glad you came to Hogwarts. It's already been my best year." Poppy smiled. "I wouldn't want a repeat of Horntail Hall of course, no offense An-ru." 

"None taken." An-ru assured. 

"But I did enjoy the Three Broomsticks. I had no idea how lovely it was there." Poppy added.

"Wait. You've never been inside the Three Broomsticks before?" Sean asked. 

"I used to spend most of my time with Highwing- and, well, I don't know how Sirona feels about Hippogriffs popping in for a Butterbeer." Poppy answered. "Highwing's the only one I would have gone with. Or, Gran, of course. And if I saw the Orangutangs from India again." 

Sean laughed. "Highwing is nice company. But... maybe you should add a few human friends to your circle." 

"I am starting to see the appeal of, er, human and... Lizard friends." Poppy admitted as she looked at An-ru. 

"Hm." An-ru shrugged.

"It was nice to talk about my parents and Gran with... someone. And share Highwing." Poppy added.

"You've shown me great kindness, Poppy. Thank you." Sean thanked. And they both kissed each other again. 

"Well... farewell. I hope you find what you're looking for with Ranrok, and his cronies." Poppy parted with him as she walked away. 

Sean laughed.

"Yeah... Poppy is a character." Sarah commented.

"You have no idea." Sean agreed. "There's no telling all the good we've done in saving those Snidgets and stopping the Poachers." But then his expression changed. "But we're not done yet." 

"Right... Rookwood will learn soon enough that his forces failed to get the Snidgets. He'll retaliate for this." Sarah figured. "Especially on you, Sean." 

"I'll be ready." Sean replied. "And it's going to happen sooner than we think. Now that Ranrok has... it." 

"And what would 'it' be?" Sarah asked.

"Ranrok has Bragbor's journal." Sean answered. "The Journal that Lodgok was supposed to give to me. But Ranrok took it from him. It contains the location of the Final Repository. Ranrok's going to use it his armies of Mechs, Goblins, and Giants, and he'll forge a new Goblin Empire. And now that he has the Journal, he's ready to begin digging to the final location." He turned around and then turned to the hall that would lead them to the Map Chamber. "The situation has changed. We need to get inside to the Keepers whether they want it or not." He was through playing nice.