Chapter 37: Blackmail and Business.

As fast as they had come. The Christmas Holidays had ended. And everyone was back in school within 2 weeks. "I'll miss the peace and quiet, An-ru." Sean admitted while he and An-ru were inside the Room of Requirement. "But it's nice that we see Sarah and continue to run operations again." 

"I agree." An-ru agreed

That was when the door had opened again. And Sarah had entered the Room. "Sean! An-ru!" She greeted.

"Hello, Sarah." Sean greeted as Sarah had hugged Sean. 

"How was your holiday?" Sarah asked.

"It was nice." Sean answered. 

"Did you... did you get through the Third Task?" Sarah asked. 

"I have." Sean answered. "I got through the Third Task and unlocked the memory of Niamh Fitzgerald." 

"What was it like?" Sarah asked. "Going through the trial?"

"It was much different from the first two tasks. And an encounter with Death itself. And I don't mean metaphorically or rhetorically, or poetically, or theoretically. Or any other fancy way." Sean answered. 

Sarah gasped. "You fought Death itself?" She asked. 

"And won. Along with getting the memory." Sean answered.

"What did the memory show?" Sarah asked looking for details. 

"The memory had shown something a little... disturbing." Sean admitted. "Isidora Morganach was removing pain again. Except this time... was different." 

"In what way?" Sarah asked.

"She seemed to revel in its power. She started talking about all the good that they could do with it." Sean answered.

"Well, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions." Sarah commented. 

But Sean wasn't done yet. "There's more, Sarah." Sean said. "The next memory I saw showed Isidora remove pain from the Headmistress. Without permission." 

"What?" Sarah asked horrified.

"Niamh stopped Isidora from removing the pain." Sean added. "And then they began speaking of the 5th Eagle. Isidora was adamant that she was the one. But-" 

"But it wasn't her." Sarah figured. "Did she see who it was?"

"It was me." Sean answered. "She saw me." 

"But how is that possible? Wasn't Isidora born in the 1400s or something?" Sarah asked. 

"Prophecies aren't always accurate to happen the next day, Sarah. Some might not even be completed for millennia." Sean pointed out. 

"I suppose that's true." Sarah replied. "I take it Isidora wasn't happy." 

"She wasn't." Sean confirmed. "She smashed the mirror and angrily declared that she was the 5th Eagle." 

"I suppose I can understand her pain." Sarah said. "I mean, I would be pretty mad too if all my life, I was told that I could be someone or something and then to suddenly find out that no matter what I did, I could never have it." 

Sean knew how right that was. 

"What of the 4th Keeper? Did you meet him?" Sarah asked.

"I have." Sean answered. "His name is San Bakar." 

"You mean... the man that owned the Tower where we found the First Trial?" Sarah asked.

"That would be the one." Sean answered. "But he didn't tell me where the Final Trial was."