Chapter 41: A Bird in the Hand.

The Three Broomsticks held a silent atmosphere, as Sean sat over at the empty bar just staring straight in front of him. All other Hogsmeade Villagers were at the Quidditch Game. But not Sean. He was in no mood to celebrate. 

Silent as the grave, while An-ru used Healing Magic to oversee the wounds that Sean had sustained. Which just a few cuts and bruises. He was lucky. Lodgok wasn't. 

Those two were the only ones in the bar, other than Sirona Ryan who had covered the body of Lodgok using a full body blanket already. She was completely stunned that Sean had arrived with An-ru and a dead Lodgok. Sean explained everything both to her and An-ru. About the Journal, Lodgok and Ranrok being brothers. The escape. All of it. 

Sirona handed Sean a Butterbeer. "Here you go, Sean." She said quietly. 

"Leave me the bottle." Sean requested. He took a swig. It didn't bring him any joy. 

"Ssssso Lodgok isssss dead." An-ru commented. "Killed by hisssss own brother."  

"Murdered in cold blood, too." Sean added as he stared at the Butterbeer. "There was chaos everywhere. He didn't make it." 

"There was nothing you could've done, Sean." Sirona assured.

"Okay... that ssssshould do it." An-ru said finishing up Sean's wounds.  

Sean looked up at Sirona. "Did Lodgok ever tell you about his relationship with his brother? Or that his brother was Ranrok?" He asked.

"No." Sirona answered in a deep sigh. "Lodgok always said that he had skeletons in his closet. I didn't know what they were. I respected his wishes. Nearly everyone that comes into the Three Broomsticks has skeletons in the closet. And I didn't know that he was there when he attacked your village, Sean." 

"He tried to stop. But he failed." Sean replied. "It doesn't matter now. Lodgok is gone. And with it, all of his efforts. He has Bragbor's Journal too. It's only a matter of time before he finds what he-" He didn't need to finish his words. 

"That that isssssss it. Ranrok hassssss won. He'll gain the power and usssssssse it to build hisssssssss Kingdom." An-ru added.

That made Sean even more angry. All of the killing, all of the pain. It all went back to Ranrok. Ranrok was behind this. 

"He may have had his faults, Sean. But Lodgok did have a good spirit." Sirona said. "Not like Ranrok." 

The door had opened. Sarah had walked in. "Sean? An-ru?" She asked.

"Sarah." Sean answered not looking at his friend.

"Sorry, love. We're closed." Sirona announced.

"She can stay." Sean said taking another swig. 

Sarah saw the blanket on one of the tables. And she gasped. "What... what happened?" She asked horrified.

"Lodgok isssssss dead." An-ru answered. "He wassssss killed by Ranrok." 

"Oh no." Sarah gasped. She then looked at Sean. "How? You said that you were looking for Imelda Reyes..." 

"And that led me and Lodgok to Ranrok's base of operations." Sean answered as he slammed the pint down angrily. "And then Ranrok killed Lodgok. His own little brother!" 

"His little brother?" Sarah asked. 

"He told me." Sean answered. And then he stood up right in front of Sarah. "And he also told me of his hand in the attack of my village that killed my Mother and Father." 

"Lodgok was there for that?" Sarah asked. And then looking at the body. 

"They caused me so much pain that night." Sean hissed.