Chapter 42: The Final Trial.

Start from the beginning

"Then let's be off." Sarah replied. And they both ran. Along with An-ru. "Oh... we should also... write an Owl to Professor Fig first." She suggested.

"Good call." Sean agreed. 

Sarah whistled and an Owl came into the hall. She quickly wrote a note detailing what was going on. And then let the owl fly over to Professor Fig. "Now let's go." She declared.

Rolling all the way down to the Map Chamber, the three stood at the door. And to their happiness it was finally open. "Yes. Finally!" Sean yelled bursting through the doors. 

And to his great surprise, he found Professor Fig already down there and speaking to the Keepers. "According to the Owl I just received. Ranrok is moving more quickly than we could have anticipated." He told the Keepers.

"Fig got the Owl already? That was fast." Sean thought.

"This is grave news indeed. We had hoped for more time to discuss the best path forward." Rackham admitted.

"Let us hear what the student has to say." Bakar decided.

"Professor Fig?" Sean asked.

"How did you get here before we did?" An-ru asked.

"I took the Floo Network." Fig answered. 

"Oh. Okay then." Sean said. And then he smacked his head. "Idiot. Why didn't we take the Floo Network?" 

"All we did was run." Sarah explained. 

"Professor." Sean greeted remembering his manners.

"Sean. Sarah told me that the situation was dire. But what happened?" Fig asked. "Are you alright?" 

Sean shook his head. "Lodgok is dead." He answered.

"I'm so sorry." Fig replied putting a hand on Sean's shoulder. "Are you going to be okay?" 

"Ranrok killed him." Sean added. "And he has the last of Bragbor's Journals. And... he knows where the Final Repository is." 

"Godric's Heart!" Fig commented stunned. 

"There's more." Sean informed. "Ranrok and Lodgok were brothers. And Ranrok killed his own brother in cold blood, just to get the journal. And he attacked my village, and he built the army of Mechs, and he kidnapped Adelaide's Uncle to get it. And... he turned against Rookwood." 

"Ranrok is a monster. Of that there is no doubt." Fig declared.

"He truly is." Sarah agreed. "He's an extremist. And we need to know where the Final Repository is, immediately." 

Sean turned to the Keepers. "We've waited too long as it is. Ranrok has Bragbor's Journals and he knows where the Final Repository is." He demanded. 

"That's impossible." Bakar denied. "We Obliviated Bragbor. He kept Journals?! Why would he have documented all of this? He didn't know what we were containing." 

"Isidora told him." Sean informed. "She had a Pensieve memory of her own. And Journals that she kept about her travels. How to take away pain. And how to do it with both Old Magic and Goblin Silver." 

"She did?" Bakar asked outraged. While the other three Portraits were all stunned. "My word... this situation is far from ideal. But you are correct that we can't wait any longer. I will defer to Professor Rackham as to how to proceed." He decided. 

"Based upon the memories they have seen, I believe the 5th Eagle is well aware of the grave circumstances in which we find ourselves." Rackham answered.