The Newest Addition

Start from the beginning

Red walked up to the commissioners office, Lloyd knocked, slightly opening the door to peek his head in.

"uh, commissioner, you asked for us?" Lloyd said, opening the door wider to show his teammates.

"ah, yes!" the commissioner stopped pacing "we need to be quick, i didn't know what to do, it happened so quickly!" he pushed them aside to walk out "follow me!"

They followed him to his car, they got in and an unsettling silence spread over them.

"so, what happened?" Kai asked, breaking the silence "it's.. Better if you see for yourselves.."

They left it at that and settled into a awkward silence, Kai was on his phone, reporting to the others how the Commissioner was behaving.

Lloyd had Red in his lap, the pup knew he was confused and slightly frustrated at the answer that he got, so he did his job and calmed his owner down.

After a long, uncomfortable ride, they reached Kryptarium prison, the Warden met them at the entrance.

"thank goodness! Kai, Lloyd, Red you here!" Warden quickly opened the door to the prison "thank the FSM we had nurses around!"

Kai and Lloyd looked at each other, they were unsettled and worried.

The Warden and Commissioner brought them away from the cells, to their surprise, they were brought to one of the nurse rooms, or whatever they were called.

As they approached the door, they heard.. Crying?.. Lloyd and Kai looked at each other confused and slightly worried.

Red licked his hand, Lloyd smiled and rubbed his head "is that a baby crying?" he asked, the Warden and Commissioner looked at each other before pushing the door open.

Lloyd soundlessly gasped at the crying child in a nurse's arms, Kai rushed over and carefully took the baby.

"do you even know what you're doing Kai?" Lloyd asked approaching his brother and the infant.

"I raised Nya from when she was three years old, I know how to take care of a crying baby." Kai sighed, Red padded over and sniffed curiously but cautiously.

"oh yeah," Lloyd looked at the baby, something was familiar about that child.

"why did we have to come here for a infant?" Kai asked, finally getting the baby to stop crying.

"it's not just about the baby, it's about her mother." the Warder motioned to a bed in the corner, where a nurse was moving around behind the privacy curtains.

The nurse opened the curtain and Lloyd gasped, his eyes widening, Kai tightly held the child, trying not to drop her, altough he was careful not to hurt her with his tight grip.

"Harumi.." Lloyd approached the bed, her silky white hair was ruffled and knotted, she was asleep and she looked pale and tired.

"what have I done.." Lloyd mumbled under his breath, he knew very well that the infant was their child, their daughter.

Somehow, Kai still heard him "this.. This is your child?" he asked, dumbfounded.

Lloyd sighed "it was an accident.." he mumbled, glancing at his daughter in Kai's arms.

Lloyd was distressed, and Red was worried for his master. He tugged Lloyd down and laid accros his lap, licking his face to help him calm down.

Red nudged his hand onto his flank, Lloyd could feel how his pup was breathing.

Lloyd followed the rythme, deep breaths, Lloyd took deep breaths, like Red was doing.

Kai let them be, he knew he missed a lot when he and others were in a different realm, but did he really miss this much?