CHAPTER 30

❆°➳ "just us"
⤷ chapter twenty-thirty

----

taehyung's pov:

everything so far is going really smoothly. I have a new perfume coming out called 'cloud' I have been working on it for a really long time now and it is finally coming out soon, the products are finished and now it is time to announce it so people can pre-order. I have been so excited to share it that it feels like a dream that we are so close to having it in our fashion and beauty stores.

I was in my office looking at the designs that I had worked on. I was scrolling through my computer to upload the pictures to my notes when my eyes landed on an article.

'jeon taehyung's, latest invention. the first ceo to come out with a twenty four hour lasting perfume name cloud'

my heart dropped when I read the headlines, and looked at the date to see it was uploaded today. we were not meant to announce it till tomorrow. we are not ready just yet for it to be today. I grew angry at the thought of someone leaking this.

"jasmine!" I yelled, soon hearing high-heel shoes running into my office.

"yes sir" she said, looking at me and soon gulping when she saw how mad I am.

"who leaked this?" I asked, spinning my desktop around to her for her to read. her eyes widened and she shook her head.

"I have no idea. it would not be anyone that has been working on it cause they all signed a contract, who else have you told about it?" she asked, causing me to think back to all my conversations.

my heart dropped when only one name came up

jungkook

"can you call mr jeon up here, he is in the building in a meeting I want him in here now" I said, watching as she nodded her head and walked out the office. I let out a shaky breath and stood up, pacing back and forward as I try to calm myself down.

a few minutes went past and as every second went by I started to feel more and more sick. my hard work has gone down the drain, this does happen to people even artists and it is not the end of the world but it does shatter the experience of it all.

the hard work and effort you put into it and the excitement that comes along with it.

jungkook soon walked into the office quite fast, when I turned to look at him his expression was confused.

"whats wrong babe?" he asked, shutting the door behind him as he walked towards me.

I pointed to the desktop and watched his expression go from worry to shock.

"w-what? how did this get leaked?" jungkook asked, scrolling down the article when he saw the picture of my perfume.

"the articles are going viral and now its out there before we get to release it. I worked so hard for this jungkook. just for someone to ruin it for me, to get money off of information that was private." I whispered, clearly hurt.

"who do you think spread it?" jungkook asked

"you were the only person I spoke to about this" I replied, turning to face the window that had a view of the beautiful city.

"what? so you think I told people?" jungkook asked, I did not think it was him. it could not be, he is my other half, why would he do that if he knows it would upset me.

"no, I am sorry. I know you did not. it just does not make sense" I sighed, rubbing my forehead. I sighed again when I felt jungkook's arms wrap around me. his chest against my back.

"I know tae. I would never do anything to hurt you but I can understand why you would think it is me since I am the only person you told" jungkook whispered against my neck.

"maybe someone overheard us, whoever it is we will sue them." jungkook added.

that sentence made me think. it could not be possible for anyone to hear us cause the meetings were in my office or in jungkook's office at home.

"oh my gosh" I whispered, my eyes widened. jungkook could feel how tense I became and let go of me, only to turn me around.

"what is it?" he questioned

"I think someone bugged us" I whispered into his ear after pulling him in for a hug.

"what makes you think that?" jungkook whispered against my neck.

"I only had conversations about it in here and your office at home. both rooms are sound proof" I replied, trying to be as quiet as possible. I felt jungkook nodded against my neck as he pecked the skin before whispering.

"I will call my guy down at the station"

jungkook walked out the room to make a phone call while I went back to my desk chair, trying to figure out who had access to these rooms. I grabbed a pen and a sticky note before writing....

rai & angela

✩✩✩

I was stood next to jungkook as we watched officer brooklyn scan the room with this machine that occasionally beeped quietly. I watched as officer brooklyn went to the wall that rai was at when I walked into my office that one time and gulped when the machine beeped like crazy.

jungkook looked at me in concern but I was focused on what officer brooklyn was pulling from the wall. my lips parted when he reached behind a photo frame of mine and pulled out the smallest microphone possible.

"I will check to see if there is anymore and then head to your house to check, I suggest you leave the room until I give the all clear" brooklyn said to jungkook who nodded and thanked him, both of us walking out the room in shock.

"any ideas?" jungkook whispered

"rai and angela" I replied back, telling him my bump in with rai one morning and explaining to him about catching angela by his office one afternoon that I did not think much of until now.

"I will contact our lawyer and see what we can do, they will open and investigation about this and I highly am sure they will find evidence cause there are camera's around your office and I have a secret camera in mine" jungkook mentioned, wrapping his arms around me as I closed my eyes.