CHAPTER 22

❆°➳ "hot chocolate"
⤷ chapter twenty-two

----

taehyung's pov:

I went straight to my office as soon as I got to work, as I opened the door I paused a little seeing rai looking at one of the walls. my eyes landed on the lock of the door to see it was not locked, I cleared my throat and frowned when rai flinched and spun around.

"mr rai, what are you doing in my office at these hours of the morning" I asked, walking to my desk as he cleared his throat.

"I wanted to u-uh come to apologise, for not showing up on t-time" rai said, I sat in my chair and frowned a little. rai was acting weird, it felt as if the air in the room shifted.

"so you walk into my office when I am not here?" I question, leaning back in the chair.

"it was unlocked?" rai said, sitting on the chair in front of my desk.

I never leave my office unlocked. it is weird that it was. I let out a sigh and clicked through my imac as I looked at the log in schedule.

"rai you have been working here for two weeks and you have showed up late every single day. I cant stand for it anymore, it is not the standard that I wont to set for other staff." I said, looking at rai who looked shocked.

"you're firing me?" he asked, his voice going higher.

"mr rai, you have not been professional and showed up late to work for two straight weeks. normally the first couple days if someone is late I fire them. I am giving you two days notice" I said, letting him know he has time to pack his things.

"I need this job?! you cant just take it away from me!" rai yelled, standing up as he stepped closer to the desk. I felt my heart start to beat faster, as soon as he raised his voice.

"mr rai! do not yell at me, sit back down" I said, standing up. it was hard to look intimidating, I hated when people raised their voice at me.

"you cant just fire me! you cant hire someone then fire them in! I have bills to pay!" rai did not settle down, he was getting angrier. I gulped and stepped back when he stepped forward.

"you should of thought about that before not showing up to work on time" I replied. I flinched as soon as fists were slammed onto my desk.

the office door was flung open and my eyes landed on jungkook who was wearing his work suit. I let out a sigh in relief as soon as I saw him.

"what is going on here!" jungkook raised his voice, looking straight at rai who had his fist clench.

"he fired me!" rai yelled, I stepped back even more. jungkook walked towards me, blocking me from rai getting to me. I watched as jungkook reached for a button under my desk and quietly pressed it.

"and there are great reasons as to why he did rai. dont you applying for jobs that you wont bother showing up to. you're lucky he gave you two weeks to try change, if you were working for me and you were late once I would of fired you on the spot. its unacceptable and the way you're acting now is childish" jungkook replied back, his voice low and cold.

my eyes landed on the security guards who rushed into the office.

"is everything okay mr kim?" one of them asked.

"please escort rai out the building" jungkook said, rai stepped closer to the both of us but before he could reach jungkook the security guards grabbed him and forcefully pushed him out the office as he was yelling. one of the security guards shut the office door behind him and as soon as they were gone I let out a shaky breath of relief.

I let out a content sigh when I felt jungkook's arms wrap around me. he knows how much I hate when people yell at me or get aggressive, I have been able to handle it well but there are times that just get too much.

"h-how did you k-know?" I asked, trying to steady my heart beat as I rested my head against jungkook's shoulder.

"I didn't, I was coming to see if you wanted to go get a coffee before the meetings. I heard yelling as soon as I left the elevator for this floor and ran straight here when I did not hear your yells. I am glad I was here though, you should get a security guard out the front of your office tae. no one else works up here, maybe you need people up here" the raven whispered, rubbing circles along my back as I sighed.

"you're right, I also have to look for a new secretary."

"how did you even find rai?" jungkook asked

"jimin. he picked him. he is going to feel really bad when I tell him what happened today and over the past couple weeks but I will find someone up to my standards" I replied, looking up at jungkook who nodded.

"good. when you start interviewing people I would like to be there as well" he said, I chuckled and brushed my nose against his.

"you dont have too" I whispered but he shook his head.

"no. I do. I wont be able to go to work everyday if I dont know if you're safe with the people you employ." I smiled at how caring he is, I pecked his lips a few times before sighing.

"can you just stay here all day" I whine.

"of course, I will cancel my meetings today and help you sort out this situation" jungkook pecked my forehead before we both went to the couch in my office, sitting on either side as we start going through a task list.