CHAPTER 25

❆°➳ "event night"
⤷ chapter twenty-five

-----

jungkook's pov:

"you feeling nervous?" I asked, my hand on taehyung's thigh when I watched his leg bounce a little as we pulled into the event. it was nice to not have to drive there, we were in a limo on the way to the event. both of us in tuxes, taehyung's had white sparkles everywhere. he looked stunning.

"a little, i dont like these events very much"

"I know babe. just stick with me and everything should be fine, jimin and yoongi will be there." I said, squeezing taehyung's thigh.

"what really? why?" taehyung asked

"I invited them" I smirked, taehyung giggled and rested his head against my shoulder.

"do you think the kids will be okay?" taehyung asked, snuggling more into me as the car stopped. my eyes were now on the paparazzi that were waiting out the front of the large fancy hall.

"they will be babe. I gave anna my number as well before we left so if she needs anything she can call us both. it will be interesting to see how different anna is to angela" I said, pecking his cheek before the doors were opened and was both were stepping out the car. I held out my hand for taehyung who immediately took it. the paparazzi were going crazy, lots of cheers and them taking many pictures.

I made sure we were walking straight towards the entrance. taehyung's hand was squeezing my own, and as soon as we got behind those doors we both let out a breath of relief. taehyung gasped as he saw the hall. it was indeed very beautiful.

their were crystal lights everywhere, people were everywhere. everyone looked great, majority of people had glasses of champagne in their hands. taehyung wrapped his arm around my arm as we walked into the main hall.

drinks were given to us as we started to mingle through the crowd. majority of the conversations were just boring ceo talk. I had an arm wrapped around taehyung's waist now, I could tell he was a little bored.

"oh mr kim and mr jeon, how nice to see you both here" a voice said from behind us causing us both to turn around. I sighed a little as soon as I saw who it was.

"mr richard, im not surprised you're here" I said. richard is the type of rich human to rub it in people's faces, he uses his money for not good things and does not put it into the community what so ever.

richard and his wife own a large car company. his wife doing most of the work and he just gets the credit for it, a lot of people know this.

"I have seen your company has been doing really well" richard said, a drink in his hand while his wife is stood next to him.

"both of our companies are" I said, looking at taehyung who was looking at jimin who was sitting at the bar.

"oh yes. mr kim, I have seen great things from your company. it must of been handy having someone like mr jeon in your life to get where you are now" richard said, I could feel the anger sizzle in my body. he has no right to say that to taehyung.

taehyung shot his head towards richard and chuckled.

"there is no need-" I started but taehyung squeezed my hand to stop me.

"its fine gguk. he is right, without jungkook I probably would not be where I am standing today. but the work I have put into my own company has been from my own hands. I could not say the same about you though" taehyung said, taking a sip of the champagne.

"here dear" taehyung said, handing the glass to richard's wife who looked confused.

"you're going to need it after all the work you do" taehyung said, soon turning to me.

"lets go say hi to our friends" I did not have to be told twice as I linked my hand with his as we walked straight to jimin and yoongi.

"that was pretty hot by the way" I mentioned, looking at taehyung who smiled.

"you think so?" he questions.

"I know so" I replied as soon as we reached the bar. he quickly rushed off soon after to say hi to jimin. I quickly grabbed a beer before heading off to yoongi who was sitting next to jimin and taehyung.

"look at you all fancy" yoongi said, turning to my direction as I walked towards him.

"I know, I hate it. taehyung looks great though" I said, sitting down on the stool.

"your a bitch for inviting us here" yoongi mumbled and I chuckled.

"I know taehyung would feel a lot more at ease if you both were here. also its great publicity for your cafe!" I said, pointing towards the posters that were up on the wall.

"I have seen a few people take pictures of it" yoongi said, taking a sip of his drink.

"how is it all going?" I ask

"not the greatest. I think jimin has lost passion for it. covid his us hard to be honest, I think we will be one of the businesses the just dont bounce back from it" yoongi said, his voice low. he looked so tired, they both looked so stressed out. they have done so much for us that I just want to help them out.