CHAPTER 4

❆°➳ "busy mornings"
⤷ chapter four:

―――――

It had been a pretty busy morning for the family. jungkook had left quite early in the morning as he had meetings. taehyung dropped off euni on her first day of high school, and she was pretty worked up over it, which the male understood. after talking to her for a while, she started to calm down a little bit.

"I emailed your teacher and told her to allow you to use your phone to message your father or me if you need anything or help to calm down. she will have a chat with you before class."

"what's her name?" euni asked her father, who smiled. "mrs garrett".

"she is lovely and said she would take great care of you", taehyung hummed.

"okay", euni let out a little whimper as she grabbed her bag and opened the door.

it was a little hard watching euni walk into the school. he felt anxiety creep in his chest when he watched her body get lost in the crowd of teenagers heading towards the classroom. with one last look, he quickly sent a text to jungkook to let him know what happened before he drove back home.

once he reached the house, he quickly unbuckled himself and went towards the backdoors of the car, smiling when haneul and hwan jumped out of the car and raced towards the locked door.

"keys! keys!" hwan yelled and ran back to taehyung to take the keys and run back towards the door. the CEO smiled at his sons, quickly grabbed the shopping bags from the car, and walked inside, kicking the door shut as his hands were already full.

after giving the house a quick tidy and making sure some vanilla candles were spread in the lounge, wanting the house to smell nice. hwan and haneul decided they wanted to watch a movie with having a day off so they could meet the nanny.

yeona was also with them. jin had taken her out for breakfast early this morning and dropped her back while taehyung was cleaning up the house. the male felt quite tired. after cleaning and feeding the kid, he felt out of breath.

he plopped himself onto the couch and smiled when yeona ran towards him, only for her to jump on him.

"there is my smiling baby" taehyung smiled.

"dad, I am 8 now- I am no baby", she pouted.

"you will always be my baby," taehyung said, pecking her forehead

the silver-haired male was worried. he knew what yeona was like- especially around other people. she has gotten better, but she does not trust easily. It takes her a while to warm up to people, or sometimes she never does.

taehyung did not think for a second that there was something wrong with her, even though other parents thought they had a say in what yeona should be like.

a knock at the door disturbed taehyung's thoughts. "that would be the nanny", he muttered. "can I go see brothers?" yeona asked. "of course, you can love", taehyung replied and watched her rush up the stairs.

once taehyung reached the door and pulled it open, he met a beautiful woman with a bright smile. "you must be angela," taehyung said, shaking the women's hand, who smiled.

"that is me. I wanted to thank you for giving me this opportunity," she replied

"no need to thank me, come in," taehyung said, stepping back a little as he watched her step into the house before shutting the door and guiding her to the lounge. "would you like a coffee?" taehyung questioned.

"I would love one", she replied

"I will be back" he nodded and walked to the kitchen to make her a coffee. he felt pretty good so far. nothing out of the blue. It was still early days, so he thought he should ask her some questions to get to know her more.

"so you're an early childhood teacher?" she was asked by taehyung, who walked in with her coffee in his hands.

"yes, have been for about a year", she replied. "thank you", she continued after the male placed the drink in front of her.

"you have a gorgeous home", angela stated.

"thank you", taehyung replied

"so tell me about the kids?" she asked

"there are two boys, hwan and haneul and two girls, euni and yeona", taehyung replied to her question, observing her body language and the way she asked questions. some people may find it a little ridiculous, but the male could care less.

"oldest? youngest?"

"euni is the oldest. she started high school today."

"then it goes yeona, haneul and hwan are twins" taehyung smiled, taking a sip from his coffee before placing it down in front of him.

"what are the kids like? do I have to warm up to any of them?" she asked

"well, sort of, with all of them, you may, but I am worried about yeona."

"she has always been wary of strangers, but she may warm up to you. you may see her cling to euni for a while," taehyung replied

"sounds good", she replied

as hours went by, taehyung introduced angela to the kids, as he expected yeona was not a fan, but that was not a shock to him. angela got along well with hwan and haneul, so he decided he had made the right choice.

"when do you think you could start?" taehyung asked as they reached the door.

"whenever, even tomorrow", she stated

"tomorrow would be amazing", the CEO replied

"I will text you later. thank you so much," taehyung continued as she gave him back a bright smile.

"no need to thank me, bye kids," she said, waving to the children behind taehyung, and once the door shut, taehyung let out the breath he had been holding. he was relieved that he had found someone to help them out. this also meant that maybe he and jungkook could spend more time together.

little did he know that the person he had just hired would make his life a living hell.