First Night

Rishabh's POV:

Today is the most wonderful day of my life. Well hey, myself Rishabh. Rishabh Shashikant Kulkarni. And what's so special about today? Ah well, I got married and I haven't just got married, I've got married to the most beautiful girl! Paridhi. My wife. As much as exciting the day has been, we have been super tired with all the rituals and photoshoots and greetings. Indian weddings are best only when you're the guest! Eat lots of food, dance, click pictures, pay a tip and you're done! But it sucks when it's your own wedding, Me and Paridhi were standing like some celebrities to get pictures clicked, almost a 500 people attended our wedding and neither me nor Paridhi recognised most of them. But even after being exhausted all day, Paridhi didn't let her smile flinch. Her smile is the most powerful and beautiful thing, each of her smile's are different. The shy smile when she just curves her lips. The forced smile, when she presses her lips and makss her eyes small. And then comes my favourite, her real smile, the one that showed her bunny teeths along with her dimples. With all the exhaustion the only thing that kept me going was her smile!

"Uh, are you busy?" Paridhi said it so softly almost making it inaudible. Her chest went up and down, her eyes trying to look at mine, but somehow they dropped on my lips. Am I being delusional? Or was she really looking at my lips? "Umm no, What happened? Do you need any help?" I asked in confusion.

"Actually, uh, these pins" she pointed at her beautifully braided hair "I can't get them off..." her lower lip was out making a pout, Adorable. She looked adorable doing that. ut she pressed her lips as soon as she realised. "Ah, alright, I think I can do that" I said sounding a little too over enthusiastic about pulling the pins out. But comeon, the thought of being near with her itself was more than exciting.

"Ow" she twitched slightly. "I'm so sorry did that hurt?" I was so immersed watching her seat impatiently while I removed a few pins, I guess I didn't realise I pulled this one roughly. "No, no. It's not your fault. These pins are just a bit difficult to pull." Damn dude. Why was getting these fucking pins out so difficult? As much as I loved being close to her, seeing her being uncomfortable because of those pins made me feel bad. Why weren't men given training for this kinda stuff? "Should I ask Vedika to help you?"

"Maybe, yes" She pressed her lips and smiled shyly. There was a hint of tease on her lips and adoration in her eyes. Dead. I'm dead. And this women in front was the death of me!

I sent Vedika, my younger sister to help Paridhi get changed, while I waited outside the door. Impatiently. "Ye le" Manish Chachu, my second uncle. said passing a mattress to me. "Isko waha bichana hai" I did as he said. The beautiful silence between us was gone and I stood between the chacos. My house was full of relatives, all the uncles and aunts, their kids, my cousins, their partners and their kids, damn too many people. We rented one of apartments upstairs to accommodate our guests but my house was still full of people "Tu yaha kya kar raha hai?" Anuradha bua, my eldest aunt asked me. "Ja aaj tu papa ke kamre me soyega. Me, your mom and other ladies we will sleep in your room". What? now I can't even sleep in my own room? Dude I just got married! Wait what about Paridhi then? "Aur Paridhi?" I asked with confusion.

"Woh bhi toh humare sath soyegi" bua said shaking her head. "Woh sab utha aur yeh baccho ko bhi apne sath leke ja" she went near the couch where all the kids were busy looking at the wedding pictures "chalo everyone go upstairs if you don't have room here, we have to get up early in the morning".

"Again? Why yaar dadi?" One of my nephew asked bua. Past whole week has been super hectic and chaotic, and last 3 days we all have been sleep deprived. Haldi, mehendi, shadi, reception, damn It was so much tiring. But the only thing that kept me excited was the girl I got married to. Ours is an arranged marriage, I'm 27 and Paridhi is 24, we met a year and half ago, in my cousins wedding, both our parents spoke to each other about their ready-to-get-married kids and that's how me and Paridhi met.

"Kaal bhi kuch rasam karni hai, toh sabko jaldi uthna hai bass" after dada-dadi Anuradha bua was the head of the family. She was strict but also very sweet-
"Tuzhe kya ab invitation du waha jane ke liye" she said slapping my arm. Umm I guess I should rephrase my words 'very strict and a bit sweet' "ja raha hu bua, mera phone andar hai woh leke jata hu" I had my phone with me, but I wanted to see Paridhi one more time.

I knocked the door of my room. "Vedika, hogaya kya?" Vedika opened the door, just half of it, making her head pop out "what is it?" She asked raising her eyebrows "woh- uh, phone nahi mil raha" she closed the door on my face and opened it back in a while "yaha nahi hai bhai"

"Mereko dekhne de, I'll check, it must me somewhere around there only" she turned her head back "bhabhi aane du kya" 'haan' I heard Paridhi's soft voice "jao, and please jara jaldi karna hame bhi sona hai" vedika brushed past me.

"Hey-" wait. what? hey!? Did I just say hey to my wife on our first night. How dumb Rishabh! "Um, sorry, actually -" notification popped up, making a buzz sound "Looks like you found your phone" Paridhi said teasingly almost with a chuckle. I was caught, But I liked it when Paridhi talks comfortably around me. As much as I like seeing her cheeks blush in crimson, I loved watching her, knowing what she did to me. "Well yeah, I guess" I pressed my lips together in embarrassment "uh, I-, what I mean is, I'll be staying in the other room, so in case you need me, as in you need any help or like anything, maybe like call me or you can text me? Or else you can ask mom or vedika or anyone. But if you need...me, I'm just the next room" I almost babbered all my thoughts out. It was her first day, well actually night at our house, I'm sure she must have been nervous. And now she has to share room with all these random people who are 'my' relatives but it definitely must be awkward for her and all I want to tell her is that she can come to me, her man, if she needs anything "I'll let you know" her words brought me back from my thoughts "cool. Then, uh, good night Paridhi" i brushed my hair and pressed my eyes close in embarrassment.
"Good night, Rishabh" Paridhi smiled at me, her genuine smile, the one with dimples! I wasn't a big fan of my own name, but hey whenever she says my name so softly and politely, it does something to my chest. God! Is this how it feels to be in love?

---

"umm- uh, may I?" I asked looking sheepishly into the mirror as she stood facing her back to the mirror, her eyes on the lace of her blouse, struggling to tie a knot. It was already morning, few of the relatives headed back to their place while few stayed back. Everyone was immersed in preparing the after marriage rituals, which I had no idea about. But alteast I get to spend some more time with my beautiful wife.

"Uh, yeah- sure.." her eyes looked bold and dark under the black and golden shadows but when she spoke they blinked and glimmered with softness.

I put my hands on her shoulder, making her turn around facing the mirror. I couldn't keep my eyes off her, so I kept looking at her reflection. Slowly and softly I took the ends of strings in my hand and my knuckles brushed her back making a magnetic friction. The realization that we stood so close to each other, the realization that she was all mine, the realisation that I got married to the most beautiful women, all reflected in my chest, It pumped so hard and fast, feeling like it would explode. She didn't make It obvious but she watched me through the mirror too, looking back and forth, up and down, trying to hide the pinkish blush that took over her squishy cheeks. While ogling her beauty i didn't even realise I was almost near the crook of her neck, it felt like something was pulling me towards her. I tightened the knot, taking the chance and made one last touch on her smooth skin. I wanted the time to stop at this very moment, I wanted to see her like this a little longer, I wanted to pull her in my arms and hug her tight but "Thank you" she muttered, pulling me back from my thoughts.

Wedding Aesthetic -