CHAPTER 37

CHAPTER 37: OLD FOE'S COMEBACK

Previously on Digimon Tamers: The Battle Evolution

In the last chapter, The war started, Digimon Tamers is struggle to fight back at Black's Diaboromon army. While fighting Sakuyamon manage break Black's mask that gave everyone a shock when it reveal that behind the mask is none other than, according to Jian, Takato Matsuki.

Notes:
Takato - present
Takato - future

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wanna be the biggest dreamer
Running full speed through
both the future and the present

That's right, I've realized it,
I forgot to do my homework
That's one puzzle, puzzle, puzzle,
"Who am I?"

Even if I slide
and skin my knees
I've gotta stand right back up, or else my chance will run away, I know

Big and bigger, biggest dreamer!
Dreaming is the start of everything
that's the answer
I'll fly farther than anyone
through all the tomorrows

Wanna be the biggest dreamer
Running full speed through
both the future and the present

Everyone is staring at Black or according to Jian Future Takato in shock.

"W-What the heck is going on?" Takato stutter in shock as if he is looking at the mirror while he keep staring at Black.

In the base, in the control room everyone is stunned and speechless as they keep staring at the screen who is showing Black or Takato's real face.

"W-What is this?" Yamaki said while he felt his body is shaking a bit.

Back in Shinjuku, Jian keep staring at his friend, remembering how he saw him dead, how the bakery blows up and found his body in the crime scene. He look even more closer just to confirm that in front of him is his dead friend.

"Is that... Is that really you... Takato?" Jian asked while staring in shock at him. Takato stared at him in poker face before smirking at him. Jian gasp and his eyes widen.

"I can't be wrong... That's Takato Matsuki... In my timeline..." Jian said numbly. Everyone turn to him.

"WHAT!?" Everyone shouted. Sakuyamon turn to him.

"Jian! How!? You said to us that you saw Takato died in your timeline! How's in front of us is future Takato!?" Rika shouted at him. Jian shook his head and look at Rika.

"I don't know... But one thing I know for sure, that's Takato Matsuki!" Jian said before looking at Takato.

"Takato.... How are you still alive!? I saw you died in that night! I saw how the bakery explode! I even saw your dead body after the fire is extinguish! So how!?" Jian shouted at him. Takato only gave him a small scoff and a poker face.

"Maybe I just let you saw what I want you to saw. My death you're talking about is nothing but a big illusion I created in your mind." Takato said before glaring at him.

"A lie that I want you to believe." Takato said to him. Jian clenched his jaw and stared at Takato in hurt, couldn't believe his friend who he knows died but still alive is the cold hearted killer Black.