>> CHAPTER 2: KYOUSUKE

Maria led them in their own rooms. In Takato and Rika's room. Takato and Rika just finished change into their pajamas and ready to go to bed.

"So what's the plan goggle-head?" Rika asked at her boyfriend.

"Henry said tomorrow morning, we all going to town and investigate, asked some questions to the people here about the incident." Takato said.

"I see." Rika said then look at the big single bed.

"Do we really need to share bed together?" Rika asked while cringing. Takato tilt his head and look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" Takato asked.

"I mean... I know we're together but it's kinda awkward sharing bed to each other." Rika said.

"Yeah... But I don't think we can do anything about it." Takato said while giving her a tired smile. Rika look at Renamon and Guilmon, who's sleeping now, then sigh and go to the bed.

"Scoot over." Rika said to him then Takato move, giving her a space. She lay down and turned her back against him.

"If I felt anything during the night, you're dead." Rika said before going to sleep. Takato sweat drop of what she said. Takato turn off the lights and lay down.

"Goodnight Rika." Takato said but he didn't get a reply. All he can hear is soft breath, he assumed Rika fall asleep. He smiled and hugged her then settled down to sleep.

It is 4:30 in the morning. The moon is shining at the black sky while the stars is twinkling. At orphanage, it show all the room. At the first room. Jeri is currently sleeping while hugging Henry's waist while Henry is hugging her back. Terriermon and Calumon is sleeping at the sofa. At second room, Kazu and Kenta snoring while Ryo is silently sleeping at the other bed. Marineangemon is sleeping at top of Guardromon with Cyberdramon is their side. At last room Takato and Rika is sleeping. Rika is hugging Takato with her left hand at his chest while Takato have arms around her. Rika stirred and slowly open her eyes, she sit up and look around. She carefully get out of bed, without waking Takato up, and go walk to the door. When she was about to leave the room someone called her.

"Rika?" The voice called her. She turn her head and saw wide awake Renamon with Guilmon besides her.

"Are you going somewhere?" Renamon asked.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna use a restroom." Rika said to her. Renamon stand up.

"Do you want me to come with you." Renamon asked.

"No thanks. Just stay here I'll be back quick." Rika said before left the room. Rika walk through the halls and finally found the restroom. She goes inside and use it. A minutes later she finally come out and was about to go back at their room. While she was walking she suddenly felt a presence. She turn her head and saw a window. She squinted her eyes and saw a fade red light. She slowly walk towards the window and stared at the outside. She frowned and was about to open the window.

"Ms. Rika?" The voice said. Rika startled and jerk head to her left and saw sister Maria looking at her while holding a candle.

"Sister Maria! Why are you up at this time?" Rika asked turning to her. Maria just gave her a smile.

"I'm going to head to the kitchen to check if we have enough ingredients to make breakfast for the children. What about you?" Maria asked.

"I just used a restroom." Rika smiled at her before turning her attention to the window. Suddenly the red light now is gone which confused Rika.

"What is that?" She thought while frowning.

"Is something wrong?" Maria asked. Rika turned to her and smile.