Pt. 1

The dreaded drive was almost over. The mother-daughter duo drove almost five hours in silence. Only speaking when they're just a few minutes from their destination. "Why?"

"This is your punishment. You got in trouble with the law so you're going to stay with your dad before you head to college in the fall."

"Even though he hasn't said a word to me in seven years, remarried, and had four more kids." The daughter huffs and crosses her arms over her chest. "I didn't even do anything anyways." She really didn't, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and shit got out of hand. Quick.

"It's his life." The older lady grips the steering wheel tightly, her knuckles turning white.

"He left you to care for a child while pregnant." She groans and looks at the open fields. In the center of the fields is a big white MANSION...

"Drop It!" Her mother yells, anything from their past pissed of the older. Well, really anything pisses her off now. Especially her ex-husband.

The girl sits there unfazed by her yelling. "You shouldn't yell. It's unhealthy."

"Shut your mouth little girl." She points at her daughter, not paying attention to the road in front of them.

"I'm not little. I turn 19 in two weeks."

The mother, quickly, takes her hand from the wheel and swings it back across her daughters face. The younger quickly cups her reddening cheek with her hands and leans away from her mother.

"This is why you lost Gracey," She mumbled as her mother parks the car.

Gracey was eleven years old with lots of health issues that were hard to take care of. Epileptic seizers, OI, also known as Osteogenesis Imperfects the common name is Brittle Bone disease, Tetanus, Congenital Heart Disease, Juvenile idiopathic arthritis, and Pleural Effusion which can be caused by frequent heart failure. Gracey's heart failure was caused by many different reasons, mainly caused by poor maintenance on her mother's behalf, not receiving the right medication at the wrong time or overdosages. Gracey was only eleven years old when, so the doctors say, she had an acute asthma attack in her sleep that caused a heart attack due to stress. Her weak heart caused a lot of problems.

As soon as the car was turned off the young girl got out of the car while her mother stayed in the driver seat, pressing the button to pop open the trunk. The older man that was standing by the front door starts walking towards the car. The man looked different from what she could tell, being is that she was only seven when she last saw her father. The lady that was standing next to him is his wife and next to her are their kids. "What happened?" He asks as he walks closer to his daughter, cupping her face gently and look at the small cut on the corner of her mouth.

She just looks up at the tall man and shudders. "Why'd you leave?" She whispers. "It got worse after you left."

"Where's Gracey?" He looks behind the shivering girl into the empty car as his ex-wife clears all the suitcases from the trunk, not even sparing a word.

"Less than a year. I couldn't get a hold of you to tell you."

"Riley? What happened?"

He moves the stray hairs from his daughter's forehead before planting a soft kiss on her pale skin and hugging her tightly. His wife, Marry, watches by the front door with her kids until she notices her husband's shoulders shake. She hands the youngest over to her other daughter, "Stay here until the lady leaves, Ok?" She looks at each child with her brow raised. "I don't want you near her." She gets quick nods from her children before she paces over to husband quickly. As she gets closer she starts to hear quiet sobs and sees how the young girl grips onto her husband's suit jacket. She lays her hand over Rileys gently and leans in so no one hears. "Why don't we go inside, hm?" Marry quickly looks at the ex-wife before continuing, "So she can leave and you can rest."

Marry never really liked Rileys mother, she's caused enough harm to the 17 year old and her little sister, to last a life time. ~~~~~~~

Edited 8/13/23 ~ 729 words
Edited 3/14/2019~ 646 words

Original 5/05/2015~ 270 words

I will be changing the photo soon