036. trust issues

Start from the beginning

"Martin, you sure you're running on a full charge?" Dean asks.

"Y-yeah. L-l-little s-shock therapy in the morning, and I-I'm--" He snaps his fingers, "good to go."

Miranda frowns and reaches for her oldest who is a few inches from Martin. She grabs Carly's arm, gently dragging the girl out of the man's reach.

"Tell us what happened last night." Sam says.

"So, I followed him home, just like every night." Martin says. "He turned up a path. I hear a scream. I catch up. Then, boom -- there he is. The old coot that Roy was eyeballing at the joint -- vamped."

"Wait... did you actually see Benny kill the guy or not?" Dean asks.

"I saw enough." Martin says.

"You didn't see a fucking thing." Miranda says.

"Well, then, how can you be sure it was Benny if you didn't actually see him do it?" Dean asks.

"B-b-because I saw Benny turn up the path, and then two seconds later, I trip over a body with its throat ripped. Look, man, you-- you ever hear of Occam's Razor? "Keep it simple, stupid?" It's not that complicated."

"There's a lot of holes, Martin."

"Holes? The only holes we should be looking at are in the vic's neck."

"This sound like the Benny you know?" Dean asks Sam.

"I don't know Benny." Sam says, the two looking at Miranda.

"Not really." She answers Dean's questions.

"The Benny you know?" Martin questions. "Say what? Why am I getting the distinct impression that your brother and wife are vouching for a vampire?" He asks Sam.

"Guys, let's not argue." Sam says.

"So can I just shoot him now?" Miranda asks.

"I can karate chop!" Carly raises her hand.

"No." Sam tells her making her pout.

"Nobody's arguing, but if this is Benny -- and that's a big "if"--"

"Oh, it's him." Martin cuts Dean off.

"I got history with the guy, okay? I'm not signing up for a witch hunt." Dean says. "I owe him more than that."

"What in God's great creation could a Winchester possibly owe a vampire? Am I hearing this right?" Martin asks.

"Look, until we get the facts, we stow the bloodlust and we work this case right or we work it separately." Dean says.

"Doing it right would be separating his head from his shoulders." Martin says.

"Not every monster is scary. That's what mommy always says." Carly says.

"Well, your mom's losing it." Martin remarks. Carly glares at him.

"Hey!" Sam barks.

"I just need some time, Sammy." Dean says.

"Oh, yeah. Let the fang take another life? I don't think so." Martin scoffs.

"I'm sorry. Is your name "Sammy?"" Miranda questions.

"How much time do you need?" Sam asks.

"You're not actually considering this?" Martin asks him.

"Couple hours, tops." Dean says.

"And what if it turns out to be Benny?" Sam asks.

"Then it's Benny, and I'll deal with it!"

"Couple hours, Dean. No more."