CHAPTER 24

THIRD PERSON POV

In the restaurant in the empire Nimi is having lunch after a day as laborious as preparing reports on the failed mission to attack the Eagle Union fleet and she also has many doubts about how Azur Lane got hold of such sophisticated technology to build such a show

Z23: I don't understand anything at all, how is it possible that Azur Lane has ships with such advanced technology that even I can't understand?

Nimi had studied the reports and also pictures taken by Kaga and Akagi during the attack on Peal Harbor and then from fighting Strella while they were attacking the Eagle Union fleet, she stopped thinking as she was getting stressed in her break time, so she took the cup of tea and began to drink.

Shigure: What!?

Nimi: (Choking) Cough!

At that Shigure's scream causes Nimi to choke on her tea and then she looks at Shigure with annoyance.

Shigure: So that girl named Strella who is a light cruiser managed to defeat the first division without any problems and she also managed to defeat the Iron Blood fleet by herself... That sounds very strong.

Yukikaze: (very proud) If it was up to me, Eagle Union and Royal Navy would be no match for me, I'd also beat up all those rookies who call themselves the luckiest girls in the world.

In that Yuudachi chokes from eating too fast and the girls help her so that she can pass the piece of meat that got stuck in Yuudachi's throat, when everything happened, the girls sigh in relief and Yuudachi starts talking.

Yuudachi: I'm a little jealous of you, Ayanami... you were able to go to battle, I want to go too.

In that Ayanami remembers all her actions during the beginning of the war and she doesn't feel proud of that at all.

Ayanami: I don't like to fight... I'm just doing what's expected of me.

Ayanami is very sad, but since she is not good at showing emotions, everyone thinks that she is just kidding.

Shigure: What is expected of you? You are from the demon "The Demon Ayanami"!

Yuudachi hangs onto Ayanami as she plays Ayanami's horns.

Yuudachi: Demon! You have demon horns!

Ayanami: (Uncomfortable) Those aren't my horns, those are my ears.

Shigure: However, not only can you be strong and skilled, you also have to possess the blessing of the goddess of fortune like me, the famous IJN Shigure.

Yukikaze: (looks like she won a free ice cream promotion) Oh! Win a promotion!

Those words make Shigure very angry so she takes 10 ice creams out of nowhere.

Shigure: Alright Yukikaze! Let's settle accounts once and for all!

Z23: Shut up, I want to eat without interruptions!

At Nimi's shout, Shigure had to apologize to Nimi.

Meanwhile in another place, Takao practices with the sword, she has her eyes closed and in that a wind blows that detaches a group of flower petals, in that she opens her eyes and draws her sword cutting the flower petals and then she sheathed her sword, all the petals split in half.

CLAP! CLAP!

In that someone claps behind Takao, Takao turning around, she could see Zuikaku.

Zuikaku: Hello Takao, I see that you are training as hard as ever.

Takao: Hi Zuikaku-dono, I see you've returned safely.