CHAPTER 23

FIRST PERSON POV

After the tortuous breakfast, I walk along Belfast, I try to think of something else to forget the torture I suffered a few minutes ago, that's what I think about the Chinese girls we rescued yesterday, if I remember correctly, the older sister was severely injured.

Me: Hey Belfast, what happened to the girls from the Dragon Empery?

Belfast: (Emotionless stare) Why don't you look over there?

In that I am surprised to see Ping Hai and Ning Hai running a store... And where did they get so much money to build a store in less than 24 hours? No, that's not the question... How is it possible that both girls are so energetic if yesterday one of them almost died!?

Me: How is it possible that they started a business in such a short time and with one of the kansen who was on the brink of death?

Belfast: Ning Hai's wounds healed quickly, I was also surprised at how quickly she healed, do you know what they responded to me?

Me: What did they answer you?

Belfast: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Me: seriously?

In that I see that Ping Hai runs towards us, she in her hands has Manjuus in the shape of a panda bear's face.

PH: Here you go.

Me: But I don't have my wallet with me.

PH: My sister said not to worry, you saved our lives, this is our way of saying thank you.

Me: In that case, thank you very much.

Me and Belfast received the manjuu that Ping Hai gave us and started to eat, the texture of the batter is just as I remembered, but it is more consistent and delicious, the strained bean feels very sweet and delicious, it is the best manjuu I have ever tried in my life

Me: Thank you very much, it's very rich.

PH: I'm glad to hear that.

THIRD PERSON POV

Meanwhile at Javelin Beach, Laffey, Unicorn, and Illustrious eat manjuu to pass the time at the beach.

Laffey: I hope Ayanami can eat with us next time.

Javelin: Huh?

Laffey: You refuse?

Javelin: Huh? No, of course not.

Then Javelin looks at the sea while she eats and thinks about eating together with Ayanami and Unicorn looks at Javelin.

FIRST PERSON POV

I am meeting with the high-ranking girls while we listen to the report from the Dragon Empery girls, no one from my fleet is in this meeting since only the most important people from each faction are there.

NH: Dragon Empery detected some suspicious activity from the sirens, it could be a sign that they are preparing a massive attack and we went on a scouting mission to get more information, but... While we were sailing in enemy territory we got caught and we were attacked, we escaped to the East as the course to our base was obstructed by Arbiter-class siren, then we were chased by a high-class siren.

Me: (Chased by a high-class siren? Where was she when we rescued them?) Can I ask a question?

NH: Yes.