CHAPTER 20

FIRST PERSON POV

I was on the flight deck of my ship and here is a YAK-38 ready for take off, I was just doing some adjustments where I disabled the plane's safety device to prevent the pilot ejection system from activating.

Cleveland: What are you doing? You seem like you're busy.

Me: I want to try if it is possible to do the cobra maneuver with this plane.

Cleveland: Cobra Maneuver?

Me: Yes, do you know how the snake gets up to look for its prey?

Cleveland: Yes.

Me: Yeah, to do this maneuver is to imitate that way using a plane, it can be very useful how to generate an aerodynamic brake to place yourself behind your rival or enemy.

Cleveland: I see, I don't get much of that since I'm not an aircraft carrier. But doing that maneuver would be great.

Me: Of course, but in practice it is very different and it is only used for demonstrations. For use in combat, the Herbs or Kulbit maneuvers are useful in combat.

Cleveland: I see, but I don't understand what you're saying.

Me: Hmmm, I think I can teach you the cobra maneuver by stalling the plane, but I don't think I can do the Kulbit, it would be too hard to do.

Cleveland: It doesn't matter, but how will your plane take off from here? There is not much space.

Me: Don't worry, in my world there is STOVL technology, planes capable of taking off and landing vertically, the YAK-38 is one of the few planes capable of performing such a feat.

Cleveland: (Shocked) Hmmm.

Me: Well I'll try to fly this plane.

Cleveland: Okay.

Me: Stand back, I don't want the propellant to hit you in the face.

Cleveland walks away while I get on the plane, so I start to take off, I have trouble keeping the plane stable, but luckily it's nothing I can't handle, I see why this plane is very famous for being one of the more difficult planes to handle and it is number 1 or 2 on the list, in fourth place I think is the Starfighter, but that will be a topic for another day.

Now I start to maneuver the plane, after the plane has gained some sustain at the speed it is now flying, it's kind of easy to maneuver, so I fly to get used to the plane and after I've got my confidence back with the plane , I am preparing to do crazier maneuvers, then I did a turning maneuver to cause a spin and then I throw the nose up doing the cobra maneuver and then I return the nose to the front, it turned out quite well for me to do this maneuver in This plane, as the saying went, if a plane like the F-14 is capable of doing a cobra in War Thunder, why can't this plane do it? After all this plane is from a video game.

Then I tried to do a Kulbit as Cleveland had asked me to, but I couldn't, the plane can't withstand so many G forces and a portion of the wing came off and I had to land the plane on the flight deck of Illustrious, fortunately no one noticed. It counts since this place was deserted and very far from the beach and now since everyone was enjoying the beach and the girls who were on duty were on patrol so it was pure luck.

Me: (sighing) Good thing I disabled the automatic ejection device or else this would end in disaster, the plane's fall was on a direct trajectory towards Illustrious, so I managed to land on the deck without damaging her.