69

Y/n's POV

I flutter my eyes open, my whole body aching and feeling my throat dry. I'm lying down on a bed and the ceiling is white. My hand feels heavy and my lower body is not even moving.

I groan but someone tightens their grip on my hand. I slowly roll my eyes and find the familiar chocolate pairs of eyes staring into mine. He gives me a soft smile but a tear falls down his face.

I part my lips to speak but feel my throat stinging. I cough. "Water. Wait." Taehyung says and releases my hand. He tilts the mechanical bed up by a button, causing me to slightly sit up as I watch him bring the glass of water to my lips.

He holds my head and now I feel my head, covered with gauges and bandages. I drink the water, the liquid quenching my thirst but I look at Taehyung. "Tae—"

He keeps the glass back, holding my hand instantly and shutting me up with a warm smile. "Shh, you don't have to talk." He says but I try to shake my head. The cast on my neck causes more pain. I grab it slightly.

"I didn't cheat on you—"

"I know. I'm an asshole, remember? I fucked it up." He says but I look at him, tearing up myself. "You didn't let me explain. I hate you." I say and he chuckled bitterly, crying with me.

"I'll love enough for both of us then, okay?" He says, trying to ease the tension but I sniff. "I love you, bastard! Just don't leave me like that again." I mumble through my tears and he sighs, wiping my tears away.

"Don't you think, you need some time to yourself for a while? You should be mad at me," He says and my eyes widen. I grip his hand tightly, fear plastered across my face and he notices it. "Are you taking revenge on me? Like I left you?"

He chuckles but shakes his head. "No, why would I take revenge on you, kitten? You have done nothing wrong. It is always me," he says but I panic immediately at the thought of us being apart.

"Then why are you leaving me?" I ask but he stands up, bends forth to cup my face, and places a gentle kiss on my nose. "I could never leave you, baby. You'll be the one walking away from me if it ever happens in our life. No matter how much I ignore you, I'll come back to you. You know it better than me," he whispers, his lips brushing every single word on my skin.

"But you are walking away!" I cry, tears running down the corner of my eyes, dripping down my face. He smiles but he is crying himself too. "I am not. I'm just trying to not be a disappointment to you and make an effort to be the perfect man in your life," he says but my heart breaks at his words.

"You are perfect for me. We are perfect for each other, Tae. Please don't break up with me," I cry, shutting my eyes but hear him sigh, "How can I make you believe me that we aren't breaking up?" He asks but I cry. He moves back and stares at me, tracing the ring on my finger but deeply stares into my eyes, a smile on his face.

I want to extend my hand and wipe his tears but my hands feel heavy and I cannot lift them up. I cannot hold him back.

Please, don't go, Taehyung.

"Let's do this." He says and I look at him in confusion.

Soon after an hour, Yoongi enters the room with a file and hands it to Taehyung who signs it. Yoongi smiles at me before leaving us alone again. After he leaves, Taehyung brings the file and shows it to me while I try to read it.

"I am legally your husband, Song Y/n. Here's my signature. You don't have to sign it now. But I just want to assure you that I am yours. You have claimed me ever since you have laid your eyes on me and tied me to yourself for eternity," he says and I stare at the marriage registration documents and the signature of Taehyung at the bottom of the page. 

"I want to sign too," I mumble but he closes the file before keeping it on the table. "Do it when you are better. I want to hug you but you are too fragile at this moment. I don't want to hurt you," he says but approaches me.

He places his warm hand on my cheeks and stares into my eyes lovingly, "This Sexy Pornstar is only for his kitten. Kim Taehyung is only for his Song Y/n. Forever." He says and bends forth to place his lips over mine, the salty tears on our lips, making the usual sweet taste of our lips bitter. As if it is marking the bitter truth of us staying apart.

Yet I feel comfort, warmth, love, devotion, respect, fondness, and affection in the softest kiss that we share even in the bitterness. I weakly move my lips against his and he smiles in the kiss before pulling back, ending the sweet moment and making me long for those lips again. "I truly am honored to be your husband, Song Y/n. So let me be the best husband for you," he says and releases my face, standing up straight.

"I love you, kitten," he says, tearing up but the small smile lingers on his features. "I love you too, Tae," I whisper and he sighs, wiping his tears and showing me the platinum ring on his finger with a smile. "Don't worry. I'll push away all the women who approach me with this," he says with a wink and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Get well soon, Painter Jack. I want to see your exhibitions soon," he says, moving back and I blink my eyes in approvement. "Come back soon. I need my inspiration to paint."

"I am there in your heart, kitten. See you," he says, opening the door and giving me a quick last glance; which probably felt like a year to the both of us; before closing the door behind him. And that's when I start sobbing silently. The door opens and Jennie enters the room.

"You are awake, Y/n. We were so scared." She says, taking a seat on the chair beside my bed. "He left, Jen. He left me this time." I cry, squeezing my eyes shut but feel her holding my hand with both of hers and trying to comfort me like the good friend that she is.

Taehyung's POV

"Are you ready?" I turn to look at the voice and nod at him. Jimin, Jungkook, and Yoongi are standing at the airport on the other side, staring at me with a small smile but I turn back to walk towards the boarding section.

"At least, wave at them," the voice speaks and I roll my eyes. "I don't wave at people, Hoseok," I reply and he sighs. "You have to. This is a stepping stone to your treatment. Just be kind. They won't hurt you like your mother. Try to be polite! Will you? For Y/n!" Hoseok nags and I pass him a questioning gaze, "How is waving related to treatment—" I stop and exhale, giving up before turning back and waving at them.

Their jaws drop at my sudden action but they awkwardly wave back. "Look they are embarrassed! I don't have to wave!" I pull my hands back and hear Hoseok chuckling, "They just got scared at your action. I think if you continue to follow me then we will get over this as quickly as possible," Hoseok says and I turn back, entering the boarding section as I mumble,

"That's good. I can't wait to be the most loving husband to the love of my life."

**********************

Look at the chapter number 😄 we reached the end. A special chapter and epilogue next. Thank you for 50k reads for this dramatic book. I hope none of you go through these dramas in real life~