68

Taehyung's POV

I feel the glares that have been thrown my way as I sit in front of the ICU door with Jimin standing beside me, trying to peek inside but nothing to our avail. It's been for over 5 hours and only nurses and surgeons are leaving and entering the room without speaking to us.

My hands were already bleeding when I arrived here but thanks to Jungkook and Jimin and even Yoongi, my jaws, and lips are also bleeding with several bruises on my body. The door opens again and I fall on my back, but quickly get up and stand straight when the large number of surgeons come out of the room with some of the nurses.

I look at the lifeless Y/n on the bed, her head wrapped up in bandages and tubes attached to her arms but didn't fail to notice the rose quartz ring on her finger.

She wore the ring.

A settling feeling lingers on my heart but her condition right now is making me panic. One of the surgeons opens his blue mask, takes his cap off, and stares between Jimin and me until the rest approach us. My eyes widen to recognize my senior and he smiles at me slightly. He knows Y/n from our school days too. "I want to speak to Taehyung—"

"I am her brother—"

"I am her fiancé!" I cut Jimin off but he glares at me. Dr. Jin blinks in confusion but nods anyway. "The patient is out of danger, thankfully. Can I speak to you, sir?" He asks, looking at me. "Can I meet her?" I ask, coming straight to the point. 

"I would like to speak to you first, Mr. Kim," he says, eyeing Jimin and me and moves away and I quickly follow him, ignoring the rest. He moves quite far away from the others while my heart thrums against my chest, awaiting any bad news that is going to be delivered by him for him to bring me aside to speak to me. "Taehyung?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry," he says and I look at him in terror because of the two words as he continues, "We couldn't save the baby." I feel a stinging pain in my chest and I stumble backward but he holds me back. I cup my mouth and sob, my head is spinning violently. "It was six weeks in probably. Were you aware?" He asks and I shake my head but I know that it was my child. 

We don't use protection and after I ignored her, she probably forgot to take the contraceptives she usually does because of the stress caused by incident that happened with her. Namjoon just said that he didn't sleep with her for months and she doesn't even speak to any other men besides Jimin, Jungkook, and Yoongi.

"It was my child," I whisper and kneel to the ground, breaking down badly but Jin tries to hold me in place. "Her ribs are broken. She had tremendous internal bleeding in the stomach as well. A huge blow to her head and her arm is fractured too. Her baby couldn't endure so much. It was still growing," he says and my heart sinks as I wail in my hands, ruffling my hair.

Our baby.

A sign of our love.

Everything destroyed in a flash.

Why am I even crying? 

Do I deserve to cry after causing all of this myself? I don't. 

As I try to calm down, trying to look at Jin who gives me a sympathetic look which I am not liking at all. Out of everything, I don't need anyone's sympathy. I pass him a dark expression and state, "I wish this thing stays between us, doctor. Make sure no one gets to know about the miscarriage." I say and slowly stand up.

He sighs before standing up straight as well, nodding to me. "I know, that is the sole reason why I told you separately. She is the same Y/n you told me about years ago. I know her. She is still asleep and we will monitor her for a few hours before transferring her to the normal ward. But still, she needs to stay in the hospital until her whole body recovers. It'll cost a lot but she has plenty of fractures—" I raise my hands up at him. Money isn't an issue.

"Leave that up to me. I'll take care of it, doctor," I say, staring darkly into his eyes from him and he takes a deep breath before mumbling. "Just call me Jin," he says but I look behind him to see Mr. and Mrs. Park approaching us. 

"Dr. Kim, I would like you to look after my fiance throughout her recovery," I say and he nods. "Sure, Mr. Kim. You should get your injuries treated as well," he says, staring at her parents before bowing at me and walking away.

I turn to her parents who are crying and I look at them seriously. "How is she?" Mrs. Park asks and I gulp hard. "She had several fractures and broken ribs but the doctor says she is out of danger," I say and they heave a sigh of relief at my answer. Mr. Park opens his mouth to speak but I turn around to walk back towards the hospital room. 

I don't want to talk to anyone.

Jimin and Jungkook look at me and the others surround me as well. "What did the doctor say?"

"She will be kept in the Critical Care Unit for now before transferring her to the normal ward. She has to stay here for a few weeks until further recovery," I state.

Jimin looks at me furiously. "You can leave. We can take care of her," he says, giving me a cold stare that I haven't seen from him ever.

But anger surges through me at his words. I point my finger at him furiously. "Who are you to tell me that?" I bark and he scoffs while Jungkook rolls his eyes. "I am her brother!" Jimin speaks.

"And I am her fiance!" I snarl, moving to get inside the room but getting dragged back by Yoongi. "Taehyung, let's go!" I glare at him before pulling myself back. "Don't tell me what to do!" I scream but Jennie slaps me across the face.

I stop my actions but glare into her furious eyes. "You know what, Taehyung? You both can never be happy until you let go of your insecurities." She croaks, clenching her fists and my eyes soften.

"I am not insecure. I love Y/n. I love her—"

"And she loves you too. We really don't have the intention to separate the both of you, Taehyung. But you keep ruining things between the two of you." She says and I glare at him.

"It was Namjoon who—"

"He wasn't there last time, Taehyung." Jungkook presses and grinds his jaws. "You keep blaming others. Accept it and correct yourself!" He adds and my eyes turn blurry because of the forming tears. "I can't stay without her."

"I'm not saying you to stay away from her, Taehyung. But you need to grow up and act mature." Jungkook says, calmly but I feel him wrapping his arms around me gently.

"I was the first person who got to know that you love her more than anything, Taehyung. Trust me and give time to yourself." He mumbles.

"You haven't healed yourself. You'll keep hurting her too, Taehyung." Yoongi says, pointing to my past but I weep in Jungkook's arms. Jimin pats my head calmly and I sniff. "Do you want to hurt her, Tae?" Jimin asks. I look at them while crying badly, "Never."

Jennie looks at me and smiles sadly before looking behind me towards the hospital room,

"You know what to do, Taehyung."

**************

Just wanted to say that I love you guys, thank you for waiting for updates daily.

Also, I'm working on my new book "Like Crazy" which is a Jimin fan fiction. I hope you'll give it a chance too. Okay, I'm embarrassed after promoting myself. Bye!