28.2

Jennie's POV

I look over at Y/n's paintings and smile at her. "This is going to be awesome! Trust me!" I exclaim, looking at her painting in the local exhibition.

"A girl trying to look outside the window. Oh my God! Her back is so smooth!" I try to cheer Y/n up who just gives me a polite smile.

It's been three years since we have known each other. We are practically best friends. We graduated a few months back. And now I'm helping her with her passion. My parents also support her.

I don't need to worry about my future because my parents are rich enough. They just want me to get married to someone and settle down but right now I want to help Y/n to earn some money to survive here.

"You're good at complementing," Y/n says with a smile and I look at her nervously but hear people whispering among themselves. I look around and watch as a man who looks Korean as well, very tall, buffed up, eyes as sharp as a dragon is standing there admiring art pieces.

"He's the President's son! Kim Namjoon!" I whisper when I recognise the person but feel Y/n look at me in confusion. "President of which company?"

"South Korea! Idiot! Kim Jaein! Why am I telling you this when you're the actual citizen!" I complain but she just shrugs. But I stiffen beside her when Namjoon casually stands in front of Y/n's work and admires it.

Y/n stands there silently without sparing a single glance at him but he takes a deep breath. "This art is wonderful," he rasps in a deep voice, his English accent that is smooth when rolling off his tongue and my eyes widen. I turn to him quickly. "You like it?"

He frowns but turns to me. He quirks an eyebrow at me and lifts the corner of his lips upwards. "You're Korean?"

"I am. Yes. I'm Kim Jennie," I say and he smiles before turning back to the artist. "I love the colours red and black. Those are my favourite," he says but Y/n just silently stands beside him, looking at her own painting.

"I know right? This painting is amazing. The colour and the drawing everything is," I say but now someone breaks her silence. "It's not only about the colours and drawing, Jen. It's more than that." Y/n says, looking into my eyes, sparing a quick yet strong glance at Namjoon before waking away from there.

I look at her in disbelief but turn to Namjoon who has his whole body turned in the direction, watching where Y/n went. He turns back to me and gives me a polite dimpled smile, "Your friend looks like someone knowledgeable about art."

I nod my head vigorously. "She's SinCity. She's the artist of this painting!" I tell him excitedly and his eyes brighten up at that. "Wow. No wonder this particular painting caught my attention." He says and turns back to me.

"Can you help me purchase it, Miss Kim?" He asks and my heart fills up in delight. He's was going to be her first ever customer. It is going to be a stepping stone in her career, considering the power he holds among rich tycoons and is noticing her work.

"Of course, Mr. Kim. It will be my pleasure." Only if I knew, I was bringing a storm in Y/n's life with my own hands.

----------------------

"Black and Blonde! We are twinning!" I exclaim while looking at Y/n's hair in the salon. "I'm In and Out! You're Out and In!" I say.

She had her hair dyed for the first time, her blonde hair toned down whole her black on top. While I had my blonde hair on top with black toned down.

I watch Namjoon come up to her and stand beside her. I smile at him and he smiles back at me before looking at Y/n. "Do you like it, Namjoon?" I ask but he looks at me and then at Y/n.

"I mean she would look better with red instead of the blonde tone." He says and my smile fades away. "What are you talking about? We decided to get it done like this ever since she wanted to get it dyed—"

"Don't you think the same, love?" Namjoon asks her and she looks into his eyes. He smiles at her but she stares back at me. "I think red will suit me better." She says and my heart breaks into pieces.

"But we decided to get it done like this, Y/n." I tell her but she joins her lips together, looking down apologetically.

I stand up from the seat and glare at Namjoon. "You cannot control her like this, Namjoon—"

"I want red over this blonde tone." She says to the hair dresser and I look at her in shock. I roll my eyes but stare at Namjoon who gives me a sad smile but turns back to walk away.

"Y/n, what's wrong with you? You never used to let men crawl over you!" I remind her but she looks at me. "This is what I want, Jen. I'm not letting him control me," she explains herself.

"You're giving him the chance like your ex-boyfriend Taehyung. He'll hurt you!"

"He loves me unlike Taehyung. He loves me even after knowing that I still used to like Taehyung. He won't hurt me, Jen." She says but I shake my head.

"I don't think he's a good guy. You never used to let men run over you like that but now—"

"Please, continue your work." Y/n says to the hair dresser who now before brushing the red coating on her inner hair.

And that's when I knew, Namjoon is a walking red flag who has completely captured every corner of Y/n's mind.

*************

I'm going to sleep now so early double update ✨ the story will continue from the next chapter(no more flashbacks)