37

Y/n's POV

I sketch on the walls to make a rough idea about what I want to do on it but a certain douchebag is annoying me with his CCTV gaze.

I force a smile and turn around to see Mr. Meow Kitty staring at me blankly. I take a deep breath and clench my jaws before asking him to look away but he quirks his eyebrow at me questioningly. 

I nod and he nods back like a mirror as if he's teasing me before crossing his arms over and continuing to stare at me. I sigh, giving up. I hear an awkward chuckle echo through the hall and watch Jennie with Taehyung, approaching us.

She looks at Yoongi weirdly but I signal her to help me and she understands. She smiles but links her arm with Yoongi, pulling him away. "Why don't you show me the hotel, Mr. Min?" She coos seductively but he frowns at her, getting dragged by her, away from me.

I sigh and my eyes land on Taehyung who's smiling at them warmly. He's wearing a pink shirt that is almost unbuttoned, showing the perfect amount of skin on his chest and his collarbones are peeking at me. Over the shirt is a dark blue satin robe with a similar pink color hem that reaches to his knee. A pair of black fitted trousers with black shoes. There are different kinds of gold chains on his neck and a gold earring on his left ear. His slick is hair pulled back, leaving two strands falling on his eye and exposing his forehead.

Damn! My panties are soaking already. 

He turns his head back at me and catches me checking him out. I dart my head back on the wall with a blurry mind and exhale deeply before drawing random things to hide my embarrassment.

Ugh! Y/n! Not eye fucking your ex-boyfriend like that who is your boss now. You have a boyfriend!

"I think SinCity is a bit distracted today," I hear his voice right behind me when he places his palm flat on the wall beside me. That's when I notice the black lace glove that he is wearing and the ring on the finger over the glove.

I look in front, at the wall and bite my lips, trying to calm myself down. I slowly turn to him and see him smile at me, tilting his head, his left hand is still inside his pocket. "Why are you wearing gloves like that?" I ask him and he pulls his hand back in front of his face as he stares at it.

"Why doesn't it look good?" He asks but I shake my head and then nod, my mind scattered everywhere because of our proximity. "You look sexy," I voice my thoughts out loud and close my eyes immediately.

You have a fucking boyfriend, Y/n!

I hear him burst into laughter and I hang my head low only for it to rest on his chest as I feel him wrapping his left arm around my back, patting it gently.

"You still are cute, Y/n," he comments and I grumble in his grip, hitting his chest but he laughs more, hugging me. I smile and unknowingly wrap my arms around him but stop when I realize what I am about to do. I hold his sides and push him back but he smiles at me and steps back.

"Sorry for not being here for the past 5 days. I had to go to Japan for some work," he says with an apologetic smile but I frown at him. "Why are you saying that to me?" I question the unexpected explanation that he gave for his absence for so many days after our incident in his office room.

"Just making sure that you know that I'm not avoiding you intentionally," he says and I scoff. "Do you think I care?" I ask him bluntly and he smiles, shrugging his shoulders.

I raise my hand and pretend to hit him but he flinches, knitting his brows, "Stop smiling, you jerk!" I say through gritted teeth and he pouts but stands up straight fixing his robe. "You're a brat," he says and I roll my eyes.

"You are behaving as if we are friends," I state and he smirks, "Aren't we more than that?" He says, licking his lips and I push him away in disgust. 

"We are exes! Sworn enemies now!" I scream and focus back on drawing, ignoring the way his smile drops and eyes flash guilt. I hear him sigh beside me, "Let's go and have lunch," he says but my eyes widen in surprise.

"I don't want to eat with you," I tell him and he slowly holds my wrist gently, pulling it back from the wall, taking the pencil out, and placing it on the table. "This is business, SinCity. I'm not doing this to tease you. It's just a lunch between an employer and an employee," he says but I pull my hand away from his grip.

"I have had my lunch," I say but my stomach grumbles, contradiction my lie and I groan in frustration as I earn a chuckle from Taehyung. "Let's go. We can use the hotel restaurant. I can get a review about the food that will be presented to the people later when it gets opened," he says, dragging me away from the lounge across the hall toward the hotel restaurant.

It's not that I don't want to eat but—

"Mr. V, the lunch is served," a man dressed perfectly as a professional chef says to him. Taehyung gives him a blank stare and nods before taking me to a chair. He pulls a chair for me and I stare at him. He flicks his chin and I quirk my eyebrow in confusion.

"Sit?" he asks in distress and I realize before taking a seat on the chair as he pushes the chair slightly so that I can comfortably take my seat. He moves to the chair right next to me, not on the opposite side, and takes a seat there.

"Dismissed," he announces and the chef with other cooks leaves the massive restaurant room after giving us a bow. "Damn! I'm not used to this sudden princess treatment though," I mumble but feel Taehyung cutting a steak on his plate.

"You have always loved the queen treatment though," he says and exchanges our plates and I gasp to see the sliced pieces of steak on my plate. I look at him in shock. "When did I like that?" I ask and he smiles, a sad one.

"When you were with me. You loved how I took care of you like a baby. Like my queen," he says and I look away from him. I pucker my lips, breathing deeply to hold in my tears as the memories flash in my mind.

He's affecting me a lot. I don't want to stay with him. I don't. I hate him.

"I don't eat so much," I say and he gives me a questioning hum. "I cannot eat this much, Mr. Kim," I remark and he stares at my plate. "This is not even much, Y/n. You are hungry, I heard your stomach rumble earlier. Eat this and then I'll peel some shrimp for you."

"Don't act like you are my boyfriend, Taehyung," I say in frustration but he sighs, "I am not, alright? I am just being your acquaintance, okay?" he says, slightly raising his voice. I grip my fork and knife before digging into a piece of meat and eating it when he mocks me again,

"Oh, wait. We are not just acquaintance. We are players. More like opponents of a game, right?" 

******************

Cryptography is bothering me today! Cyber security is a bitch! I have an exam tomorrow!!!! 😭😭