"First to be taken." Mr. Brennan says.

"Taken?" Sam asks.

"Get out! Out!" Mr. Brennan yells.

"Mr. Brennan, who do you believe took you son?" Dean asks.

"You people can't help me. My boy is never coming back." Mr. Brennan says.

"You sound awfully sure." Sam says.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Brennan asks.

"Like you know something you're not talking about." Sam says.

"Okay. All right." Dean says.

"You know what they say. 72 hours. After that, the odds of finding a missing person drop to nothing, right?" Mr. Brennan asks.

"Well, every case is different." Dean says.

"It's been weeks." Mr. Brennan says.

"All right. Listen. Call us if anything comes to mind." Dean says, the hunters leaving.

"What do you think?" Sam asks after they get outside.

"I think he's hiding something." Dean says. "Why don't you guys stay and watch Watchmaker and see what happens when the sun goes down, and I'll go check out the crop circles."

"Okey dokey." Sam says.

"But do not engage with, maim, or in any way kill Brennan. In fact, I don't want you making any judgment calls whatsoever. Anything happens, call me." Dean says.

"You know, Jiminy, I was on my own for a whole year. I did fine without you guys." Sam says.

"Yeah. I don't want to know your definition of fine." Dean says.

"What are you doing?" Sam asks.

"It's gonna be bedtime and I don't wanna be around you. I'm going to the motel." Miranda says.

+++

Miranda is walking back from the vending machine when she sees Dean walking up.

"Dean?" She asks, having been informed that he got abducted.

"I don't wanna talk." Dean grumbles.

"Why aren't you still abducted?" She questions.

Dean doesn't answer, opening the room to his motel room and turning the light on, stopping at Sam and a redhead woman in bed. Miranda steps into the doorway, freezing at them.

"Dean!" Sam smiles.

"What the hell?" Dean questions.

"Oh, that's Dean." Sparrow says, Sam nodding. "Sam... they brought your brother back.

The snacks fall out of her arms, the woman flinching.

"I... uh... I-- I should--" Miranda quickly picks the snacks up and leaves. Her hand shakes as she tries to unlock the door, eventually getting it and going in. She shuts and locks the door before dumping the snacks onto the table and going into the bathroom, shutting the door.

Miranda tries to calm her breathing, running her hands through her hair.

"He's soulless. He-- he doesn't have a soul. That's the only reasoning behind it." She mumbles to herself. "Normal Sam wouldn't do that. It's just because he's soulless."

Miranda sniffles, feeling some of her tears escape. She sits on the edge of the tub, presses her palms into her eyes.

+++

The next day, they're in a diner, Miranda and Dean sitting across from Sam. Carly is sat between them and Wyatt is on his mom's lap. Miranda hasn't spoken to or looked at Sam all day.