"Jen im sorry for what i said, i swear"

"do you forgive me? "

"pls? "

"answer please, i wanna know youre okay"

'"can you pls answer? "

'"we're all worried, Jen answer us"

"Jenna? "

Just then, Faith's name covers the entire screen, our picture covering my screen as I see a green answer button and a red decline button. I glance between the two before deciding to answer, I know that they'll just come over here and bother me instead, I can't get them involved in this case, it could lead to something more dangerous than the woods.

"Yes?" I say, waiting for a response on the other end of the line. Hearing a sigh of relief on the other end of the call, my eyes furrow downward as I begin to panic.

Did someone steal her phone?

"There you are, why haven't you been answering us?" Conner's angry voice fills the call. My shoulder's deflate, all anxiety slipping away.

"Busy, bye now." I reply, moving the phone away from my ear.

"Wait—!"

"—Busy, Conner!" I cut him off, raising my voice, slightly shouting into the phone then pressing the hang up button, I then go into my contacts and scroll to K, finding Kate. I press on her contacts, then call, then see that there is a drop-in section of Video-Call or Audio-Call. I press audio-call and move the phone to my right ear, turning my head in the direction of the living room. "Hey, I'm going out to study! I'll be back later." I inform my parents, putting my house key in the door and unlocking the door. Feeling my gut turn unfamiliarly, the harmless lie sinking into her mouth and ears repeating her words back to her.

"Stay safe, honey!" My dad shouts to me.

"See you, bye." I shout to him, opening the door and taking my key out the hole.

"Bye." My dad replies, I step outside and shut the door over to lock it. Hearing the rings as I patiently wait for Kate to answer the call. I chew on my bottom lip, waiting for her to reply as I walk over to my car, I get in and shut the door, putting my seatbelt on. I put my phone on speaker and as I go to set it down, the auto machine begins to speak.

I groan in annoyance and leave her a short and... sweet... voicemail.

"Kate, I swear to fucking god. Answer your goddamn phone, I know you're mad at Conner but my god, can we drop this for 5 minutes so we can follow a lead? Now answer your phone! Call me back! And start being professional with me!" I shout into the phone, huffing. "Sorry, just... not sleeping— wait, that's not an excuse, I mean, I don't mean for it to sound like one. Anyway, bye— and call me back!" I state, trying to sound firm and stop myself from shouting into the phone again. I end the voicemail and connect a cable to my phone, playing my music as I begin to reverse out my driveway.

I hear my phone beginning to ring, and I look, excitedly, to see that it's "Faith", again. I groan and let my shoulders sink, focusing on the road. I press the button on the side and let my music continue to play, quieter but still kinda loud. Gosh, can Kate answer already— you know what? Fuck it. I'm going to get Kate myself and drag her into my car if I have too. She's my partner, I need her to be here, and she wants to be a part of this— she even included herself in this whole thing so it's not exactly my fault.

I begin to drive to her house, tapping on the wheel as I hum to the song that's playing. I come up to a turn and I glance left and right, trying to see if it's okay for me to turn right. I see a car approaching and it's their right of way, so, I wait. I lean back a little and when I check again, I put my indicator on and begin to drive, turning right. I drive down a little, changing gear when I need to. Glancing in my mirror, focusing on the road as well as trying to get to my destination as fast as I can.