⚠️Protective⚠️

A/N: Tara x Reader

Summary: Y/n is very protective over Tara even though they aren't dating and when Y/n gets in a fight because of it, Tara begins to question why.

⚠️Spoilers⚠️: Scream 6

HERE WE GO!

______________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I'm in my film class right now, and as I'm writing down notes for it - since we have an end of semester exam - so I think it might be beneficial.

I hate when something randomly pops up and you questioned revising it then it ends up showing up and you have that moment of "Why in the fuck did someone do this? I wanna die" you know? I feel like it's a worldwide experience that I just don't want to go through again.

"Yeah, I'm Caleb. Nice to meet you." I hear a voice say, I glance up and see who this 'Caleb' is talking too— Okay, nope. He's gotta go.

I clear my throat, standing up and moving between him and Tara.

"Hey, dude. She's... fine. Move along, now." I say, his eyes glance between mines as he smiles.

"I'm Caleb—"

"—Heard you the first time." I reply, feeling Tara tug on my arm.

"Leave it." I hear her mouth, I clench my jaw and look at Caleb, seeing him offer a short smile. I go to walk away before hearing him say something,

"She's crazy." I hear him say, I quickly turn around, pushing him.

"No—!" I punch him in the face, my friends moving me away and trying to calm me down.

"Hey, it's all right. You're fine. Let's just take a walk." I hear Anika suggest I do,

"Yo— Yo, what'd he say?"

"He fucking called me crazy—!"

"—So? Come on, let's go before the teacher comes back." Tara says, all of us going to the 'bathroom'. "You have to stop punching people."

"He was an asshole."

"Okay? But you need to stop getting violent. It isn't healthy." She continues to lecture me on, everyone else just listening but more trying to calm me down.

"He had a bug on his nose, though." I try to justify, seeing Tara hit my arm while Chad, Mindy, Anika, Quinn, and Jack all laugh at my attempt of justification.

"Y/n."

"Tara." I reply, in the same stern voice but more mockingly. She sighs, before beginning to chuckle softly.

"You're ridiculous."

"I know." I reply, quietly laughing.

*****

Right now, me and my friends are hanging out. We're all having a lot of fun. Tara's wearing something really pretty, I feel Mindy wrap her arms around my neck.

"How you doing, kid?" Mindy asks me,

"Not bad, you?"

"Not bad." She replies, smiling. "Woah, look at that guy." She points out, I follow her finger and see a guy staring at Tara. I remove myself from Mindy and head over to Tara. Resting my hand on her back and beginning a conversation.

"Yeah, you look nice today." I compliment,

"Thanks, you look nice as well." She compliments, her resting her head against my chest. I smile softly and I feel her pull up her low rised jeans and I move her t-shirt down, earning a laugh. "Okay, Miss Protective."