Mystery Unsolved 3

A/N: Jenna x Reader

wooo

part 3. also i thought i said this before but i realised i didn't, y/n = kate. kate is the reader, so yeah. sorry.

here we go

________________________________________________________________________________

Jenna's POV:

I chew on the inside of my cheek but the way she is looking at me, I can't help but want to help her. I have to let her help me, it's the only way I might be able to get more information from her about John and I might be able to get more information from people if they know that Kate is a part of it.

This could be really beneficial... for both of us.

"OK." I agree,

"OK?"

"OK." I state, nodding my head. She sighs in relief, and I notice her open her mouth but decide to keep it shut, she brings my hands up a little and blows more air into the small hole and rub my hands even more.

"Thanks, Holmes."

"No problem, John." I quip, without realising. I immediately drop my smile and go to apologise but I notice her eyes soften and quickly look away from mines as a light smile tugs on her lips. Her head tilts down as her wavy brown hair flutters up from the slight wind that is starting to become slightly heavier by the second. I clear my throat, "Erm, I have an interview with Ceana's dad tomorrow and I'm waiting on an officer at the station to allow an interview about what happens with a missing person and the normal procedure."

"I know a little about what they do." Kate replies, casually. "Uh, but you should probably get it from the actual officer, not me. Do you know what officer you requested?"

"I emailed Officer Riley. You know him?" I ask her, hopeful. She tilts her head from left-to-right.

"Sorta." Kate answers, itching the back of her neck with her right hand before moving it back on top of my hands and she lightly rubs my hands before letting them go. "I can try contact him, get him to answer you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, Riley's a good one. There's this other officer though who definitely has it out for me, though." Kate informs me, exhaling softly and shaking her head.

"You know his name?"

"No. Only what he looks like." Kate replies, before looking over at her. "Why?" She questions, I think of how to get around of this before I remember. The station has a public website, we can go onto the website, look at the officers and see which one has it out for Kate and see what their name is. Boom, easy as pie.

"Follow me." I say, standing up and grabbing her hand. She quickly stands up and stumbles a little, but I drag her inside and shut the door behind her, our bodies awfully close before we rush upstairs.

"No—No—No! I just hoovered the stairs..." My dad complains through a groan, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Sorry! I'll hoover it later!" I shout an apology, not entirely sorry but a little guilty.

"Sorry, Mr Ortega!" I hear Kate apologise, going to stop and offer to help but I continue to drag her upstairs, I take her into my room and shut the door, it slamming into the frame. "Okay, sit. Sit, sit, sit." I say, dragging her over to my bed and sitting her down. I go over to my desk and grab my laptop, I sit in my chair and slide over beside her. I rest the laptop beside her and type in my password, I'm a fast typer so I doubt she would be able to guess my password. I log-in successfully then open a chrome tab, beginning to search Nirvana Falls Police Station. I click onto their website when it shows up and I begin to go digging for the police officers, the photos and their names. I slowly scroll and show Kate. She points at a 27 year old, David Fitzburg. He only joined the force a few months before Nicole's disappearance.