⚠️School Shooting + Aftermath⚠️

A/N: Vada x Reader

Requested by: whveler

Summary: Y/n's brother gets shot in front of her and when she manages to escape and hides in the bathroom, she meets Vada. They soon become friends and try to overcome their trauma and they get high at night to try and forget it but it doesn't work then later on, Vada's in Y/n's room, cryin because she thinks it's her fault.

⚠️TW⚠️: PTSD, School Shooting

HERE WE GO!!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I'm walking around the halls with my brother as we're headed back to class, we put the bins outside and we're both listening to music. I hum to the music, bopping my head.

"Dude, I fricken love this song." I express to him, seeing my brother, Daniel, nod his head.

"How old is this song?"

"I think it was released in 1996." I answer in reply, seeing him look over at me in confusion.

"Why do you like listening to old music?" He asks me, I tut and shove his head away from me, earning a laugh. We go to turn the corner and I hear a gunshot, I jump and cover myself. Shocked. I look around and see my brother holding his chest, I gasp and quickly stop him from falling. Holding him close to me.

"You—You're okay, I—I got you." I tell him, "I got you, what the fuck..." I mumble, looking around, I see a guy approaching me, aiming a gun toward me.

"Go!" He shouts at me, I quickly get up and run around the corner, getting shot at, I duck. Running away.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I let out, running down the corridor, I run into a bathroom and shut the door. Out of breath and my hands shaking, I stand on top of the toilet. Letting out a sob.

"Hello?" I hear someone say, quietly.

"Who's there?" I ask, quietly. Removing my hand from my mouth.

"You're not the killer, are you?" I hear her ask, scared.

"No... n—no," I deny, letting out a small sob, "are you?"

"No, come in with me." I hear them say, I get off and crawl underneath, seeing Vada Cavell. A girl in my Literature glass that I'm always intrigued by. She's smart, and kind, funny, but very awkward and sometimes quiet.

"Come here, come—" She grabs my hand, pulling me up and seeing the blood, "I...Is that yours?" She whispers, I shake my head, leaning into her. Her arms wrapping around me as I sob into her arms.

"M—My brother. It's... he's injured—" I hear footsteps nearby and I move my hand over her mouth, placing my left index-finger over my mouth, I blink repeatedly, forcing the tears to fall. I see her flinch as multiple gunshots go off and I feel her lean into me. I hold her closer. Both of us violently shaking. "I—It's gonna be okay, we're gonna be okay." I whisper to her, feeling her sob quietly into my chest. I wrap my body around her, hearing the door open but a gunshot go off and the door not shut. I can smell the body from here...

Fucking shit, shit, shit!

I see Vada pull out her phone and go to text her sister but after another shot, there is nothing for minutes.

"I..." I wipe the tears and look at Vada, I wipe her tears for her, seeing her flinch but then relax. "I think we're safe." I say, softly. Hearing her whimper as her bottom lip quivers, her trying not to cry.