DISTRACTION

Bae Y/N POV

Irene unnie had called in a favor to none other than Jungkook.

Due to the fact that everyone seemed want to go back home, even Nakyoung, Jungkook decided to help us out and take one for the team.

We needed a huge distraction to make sure no one saw us sneak back into South Korea.

Even though South Korea wasn't really my home.... I wanted everyone to be able to go back and see their families and loved ones.... specially Haerin.

"Is it out yet?" Chan asked for the nth time.

Jungkook was going to release new music and announce a tour as a distraction.

Him doing that would take him out from hiding and potentially expose his location. This would make all the agencies in the world target Jungkook.

"It's out!" Hyunjin suddenly ran into the room to notify us.

"MOVE OUT!" Chan ordered and everyone marched out of the house while guarding a hooded Mr. Jung.

Half of the SKZ Unit volunteered to guard Jungkook while he served as a distraction.

The rest of us made our way to a private airport in Santa Barbara and loaded up into my private jet.

"Y/N, FIRST OFFICER POSITION!" Chan ordered as everyone took their seats.

"Got it!" I answered him but not before walking up to make sure Haerin had buckled up her seatbelt.

"Everything's gonna be okay," I whispered to Haerin as I pull on her seatbelt.

"I know," She whispered back before pulling me into a kiss.

"Get us home safely," Haerin whispered against my lips as we pulled away.

My heart skipped a beat for a second and I nodded to let her know I'm understood her orders.

"Y/N, LET'S GO!!" Chan yelled from the cockpit.

"Go," Haerin whispered.

I gave her a small smile as I felt my heart sigh out with pure love.

"Okay," I answered before heading into the cockpit.

Kang Haerin POV

While Y/n and Chan flew us back to home, we all monitored Jungkook's whereabouts.

We had all met up with Jungkook and Mingyu to make sure we had a solid safety plan in case agents actually managed to find out where Jungkook was.

"Yo, the song is actually really good!" Agent Seo suddenly exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

Agent Seo was the most annoying agent I had ever met.

He was like a meat head with no actual personality.

"WWOOOHHHH!!" We heard the SKZ Agents exclaim in unison.

They were all huddled up looking at Agent Jeon's music video.

"Can you guys shut up?! I'm trying to sleep," Irene-ssi suddenly snapped at them.

"Seriously," Mr. Jung suddenly spoke up.

I don't know why, but his remark made me chuckle.

"I'm sorry," I suddenly heard someone whisper from behind me.

I turned to look.... and.... Mr. Jung was leaning forward in the seat behind me to whisper in my ear.

"Shut your mouth, Mr. Jung!" We all suddenly heard Y/n yell from the cockpit.

"I have my sensors on high alert, so I can hear everything back there. I suggest you leave my girlfriend tf alone before I come back there to beat you to sleep!" Y/n warned Mr. Jung.

"You heard her. Get the fuck away from her," Agent Seo suddenly got up from his seat to push Mr. Jung back. "Try to talk to her again and we'll tie you to your seat!" He warned before returning back to his seat.

I was pleasantly surprised by Agent Seo's actions.

He wasn't as bad as I thought.

Agent Chan POV

I wasn't sure how to feel about what we were doing but I couldn't deny my team the right to go home.

I didn't know why Y/n was doing what she was doing, but I could guess that it all had to do with Haerin.

I found it unbelievable to think that my unknown sister had fallen in love with the murderer of our mother.... but I couldn't be mad at Haerin.... what happened wasn't really her fault.

"Do you think if mom was around..... dad wouldn't have made us what we are....?" Y/n suddenly asked me.

I froze for a second.

Unlike me, Y/n hadn't made much comments about us being related.

"I don't know," I finally answered.

"It's hard to believe I have a sister outside the family I grew up with," I tried to make conversation.

"Yeah," Y/n lowly responded.

The cockpit got silent.

It seemed like Y/n only asked the question to try to bond with me, but it probably made her uncomfortable.

I caught a glimpse of Y/n's leg and my heart wrenched again.

When I first noticed all of Y/n's upgrades.... my heart completely broke.

I had looked up to Mr. Jung for years. He always awarded me and treated me well. He gave me my own elite team and let me chose each agent.

Even when he was training Y/n in kill to win drills, Mr. Jung never allowed for Y/n to kill anyone in my team... even at times when Y/n was milliseconds away from taking one of our lives....

It was hard to think that the only reason he did that was because I was his son.

"Quit staring," Y/n suddenly told me.

"Huh? Yeah, sorry!" I panicked a little.

"My bionic eye has a wide eye mode. I can see everything that's going in in this cockpit. So please.... either say what's on your mind or stop staring and contemplating," Y/n coldly spoke.

I gulped a bit at the sudden information.

I was a little jealous of all of Y/n's abilities, but I felt more sorrow than jealousy most of the time.

"Just ask your question," Y/n asked in annoyance when I tried to use my peripheral view to look at her arm.

I gulped again once I got caught.

"Chris just ask," Y/n suddenly called me by my government name.

I didn't even know what to say or respond...

Y/n seemed annoyed with me...

But I understood....

She probably thought that I was thinking that she was a freak or something.

A hundred thoughts raced through my head. I was struggling to find something to ask or something to say....

Eventually, I settled for saying...

"I'm glad you fell in love with Agent Kang."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Author's Note: Lowkey hoping Haerin and Y/n somehow adopt Jin... just saying 0.0