MURDERER

Bae Y/N POV

Out of pure luck, we all managed to exit the agency headquarters without any suspicions.

The boys placed me, Haerin, and Karina in body bags and carried us out. With Chan and Agent Lee escorting Mr. Jung out soon after.

We all boarded a secret plane that Agent Chan had stored in an abandoned cottage and headed down to my secret house in LA.

After yet another exhausting flight, we arrived at my house.

No one had spoken a single word the entire flight. Not even Mr. Jung... who no longer had speaking restraints.

"What happened?" Nakyoung asked as she looked me up and down.

Turns out that Nakyoung had just returned back home after what happened with Mr. Jung. She had helped Jungkook and Mingyu find hideouts in other properties I secretly owned.

"He did that to you?" Irene unnie asked as she stared at my foot.

I just nodded in response.

Irene unnie apparently had fled to LA after the events of the bridge. She had been hiding in the penthouse above my club, until Nakyoung found her and told her it wasn't a safe location.

Kang Haerin POV

Y/n-ssi seemed exhausted.

She hadn't spoken a single word the whole flight. She was also holding on to our the files we found very tightly.... as if she didn't want anyone else to see them...

"What's wrong with you? How could you do that to your own daughter?" Nakyoung unnie asked Mr. Jung as he dozed off all handcuffed on the sofa.

"Are those the family event's secret files?" Irene-ssi suddenly interjected.

"Umm.. yeah," Y/n responded with very low energy.

I walked up to try to get Y/n to bed but was quickly interrupted by Agent Chan stepping up to her first.

"How do you know that?" Agent Chan asked Irene suspiciously.

"She's my adoptive sister," Irene answered him.

"So, you're the one who started this mess," Agent Hwang interjected.

"Shut up, Hyunjin!" Agent Chan ordered him.

"Father told me... the real story of what happened that day...

Out of retaliation, Mr. Jung ordered hits on Haerin's family," Irene began to volunteer classified information.

"Unable to grief the loss of his wife and unable to take care of his kids at the same time, Mr. Jung sent his kids to live with different families.

Bang Chan was sent to an agent family in Australia, while he kept Y/n in South Korea to keep an eye on her. At some point he could no longer bare having Y/n so close to him so he stationed her in LA all by herself," She finished off.

I already knew that my family was murdered out retaliation for what I did.

I always knew.

I just chose to ignore it because... facing it... meant possibly loosing my sanity.

"He killed them for no reason," Y/n sighed out.

"What?" Irene asked in turn.

"He killed them for no reason. It was his own fault mom died. Not Haerin's," Y/n coldly said before slamming the case files on a coffee table and storming off to her room.

We all watched her walked away with a bit of a limp.

It seemed like her leg battery was running out. You could hear the robotic mechanics becoming louder and it appeared as if it was heavy to pick up.

Everyone hesitated to grab the files... I could just feel all the eyes in the room staring at me... but I was tired too.

All I wanted was to cuddle with Y/n and go to sleep.

I took a deep breath and just walked over to check on Y/n.

When I walked into the room, Y/n was changing. She quickly covered herself up and started to apologized.... "Sorry. I didn't know you were going to walk in here."

I titled my head in confusion. "I could sleep in another room if you want," I responded a bit awkwardly.

"It's just- umm...," Y/n seemed a bit embarrassed... continuously staring at her leg.

I stepped up to try to comfort her, but she quickly backed up from me.

"Y/n, I don't care...," I whispered as I slowly tried to walk towards her.

Y/n managed to stay in place without freaking out again and I stepped up to cup her face.

This time Y/n quickly closed her eyes to prevent me from looking into her eyes.

It seemed like Y/n's adrenaline from the whole situation had gone down.... being face to face like this seemed to make her really insecure.

"Baby, look at me...," I whispered.

Y/n just her shook head in response.

"Y/n, come on. Just look at me," I whispered... caressing her cheeks.

Y/n took a deep breath and then slowly opened her eyes. A tear rolled down her cheek as I could see her bionic eye trying to focus on me. 

"Is it okay if I kiss you?" I whispered, unable to restrain myself any longer.

"Mhm," Y/n-ssi shyly hummed.

I got as close as I could and got on my toes to press my lips on her.

Y/n didn't seem so shy after that. She quickly grabbed a hold of my waist and deepen the kiss.

"Thank you for coming to save me," Y/n  whispered against my lips.

I felt my heart flutter and I started to a get shy too.

Even with Y/n's new modifications, she was still the same.

"Umm... should we cuddle up and go to sleep?" Y/n nervously asked.

I nodded in response before helping Y/n button up her pajama top and pull up her long socks to cover her foot.

We both then crawled into bed and it didn't take long for us to fall asleep in each other's arms.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Would you date a cyborg? ._.