FALLIN' FOR YOU

Kang Haerin POV

Six months had gone by and I couldn't stop thinking about y/n-ssi. For some reason, I missed her lips, I missed the way she teases me, I just missed her.

I hadn't taken any missions because I missed my kids and also because I've felt too guilty about what happened in Paris.... I don't want to put anyone in danger like that again.

My kids were cutely coloring in their consonants book when I noticed y/n-ssi outside.

"She's back!" I excitedly thought.

"Okay kids, you've all been so good today so for the last 10 minutes of class we'll go out and play!" I told my class cheerfully.

All the kids cheered and got off their seats.

"Okay, let's go!" I told them and they all ran out the room.

My little shy baby Jung was the only kid left in the classroom so I approached him.

"Do you not want to play outside?" I asked him getting down to his level.

"Sosaengnim, what if none wants to play with me today?" He cutely asked sulking a bit.

"Come, I'm sure everyone is waiting to play with you" I assured him and grabbed his hand.

I walk out the classroom holding little Jung's hand and Y/n-ssi immediately turned to look at me.

My heart dropped when our eyes met. Suddenly, Jung took off to go play with the others.

"Come on, you can do it. Just wave!" I told myself trying to get over my guilt.

I gather my courage and waved at her. She waved back, so I signaled her to come say hi.

"Hi Sosaengnim," She cutely said with a bow.

My heart fluttered at the sound of her voice calling me teacher.

"Dammit, why am I falling for you?!" I thought in annoyance from the way my heart kept racing.

We both teased each other a bit and talked to some of the kids.

Suddenly, y/n-ssi held my pinky. I felt my ears heat up and cheeks turn red. I played with her pinky a little until all the parents started showing up.

I waved every last of my kids goodbye as they got picked up with y/n-ssi cutely giving them all high-fives on their way out the gate.

Luckily, it didn't take long for all my kids to go home. I walked back into the classroom and picked up all the coloring sheets from my kids desks.

"Hey, do you wanna go get something to eat?" Y/n-ssi asked while leaning against frame of the door.

The sudden question brought back the memory of me pushing her of the building.

"I'm good," I answered her realizing it's best we don't get too close.

"I took a 12 hour flight just to come here and see you. I'm not taking no for an answer," Y/n-ssi said crossing her arms.

"You came here to see me?" I asked her a bit shocked.

"Yes," She answered starting to approach me.

"Really? You're not here on a mission?" I asked her getting nervous as she got too close.

Suddenly, she grabbed my hand and held my hips.

My heart was melting from her touch but I looked at her confused.

Y/n-ssi kissed my hand making me blush and then said, "Haerin... I like you. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I couldn't stand not seeing your smile anymore or kissing your lips. You don't have to like me back but you do have to at least get coffee with me."

Her actions were making me weak.

"Please tell me this is a daydream. I don't want to fall for you harder," I thought to myself.

I didn't respond from having an internal fight with myself but y/n-ssi cupped my face and pressed her lips on mine. I couldn't hold myself back anymore, I held her face and deepened the kiss.

"Sosaengnim, I'm hungry!" Y/n-ssi then cutely said against my lips.

"Okay, but only because you came all this way just to see me" I replied giggling at her cuteness.

"Awesome let's go!" She responded pulling me out of my classroom.

We walked hand in hand to a nearby restaurant. "I can't belive your kid called me Ahjumma!" Y/n-ssi said laughing.

"In his defense, he does have really bad eyesight!" I joked.

We sat down to eat, teasing each other the whole time and eating.

After we eat, Y/n-ssi was walked me back to the school. Just as got to the front of my classroom she held my hand.

"So, you haven't really said much about what I said earlier. I've kinda been waiting to hear what you think about me or how you feel about me....," She asked liking a bit shy.

I looked at her smile and then down on are hands that were playing with each other.

"How is this the same trigger happy nutjob I couldn't stand just months ago," I thought to myself.

I was honestly really happy that she confessed. It took the pressure off what I was about to say... but I knew better.

"Y/n-ssi, I like you too. I couldn't stop thinking about you either. I missed your lips and your face and the way you tease me.." I told her her. She chuckled at that.

"But, I finally understand why you hate company. I'd love to build something deeper with you but I can't. I don't want to hurt you or put you in danger ever again. I've already pushed you off a building..... I don't want to accidentally get you killed or worse kill you mys-" I explained but y/n-ssi interrupted me.

"You know, that was the moment I fell for you. Quite literally and figuratively!" She said making me laugh.

"You're sweet, but I'm sorry. I can't," I told her.

Y/n-ssi let go of my hand and took a deep breath.

"I understand." She said with a sad smile.

It broke my heart... her smile broke my heart.

"I know that feeling all too well. So don't worry, I understand. Thank you though," Y/n-ssi said.

In that moment we hugged. She caressed the top of my head as I caressed the nape of her neck.

"I feel so safe with you," I told her in my head nuzzling my head into her chest.

We finally pulled away.

"Well, I better get back home" Y/n-ssi said.

"Okay," I softly replied.

She waved me goodbye and I waved back.

I watched as she walked away wanting to just run after her and tell not to leave, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

-

-

-

-

-

-