17 0 0

song rec : running out of time (tyler the creator)

janelle quickly gathers her belongings as she shuffles out of the warm classroom. an obvious frown of distaste present on her lips. she strides down the empty hallway, replaying the scene in her head. the thought makes her inwardly cringe.

-flashback-

the students of the ap stats class worked diligently amongst themselves- well most of them. janelle happened to be one of the few who did not pay the class assignment much mind as she mindlessly doodled in each corner of the page.

her partner on the other hand- jungwon, sat beside her completing it silently.

normally the pair would whisper amongst themselves as they did their work, but today jungwon was rather surprised to find that janelle was for the most part quiet

normally the pair would whisper amongst themselves as they did their work, but today jungwon was rather surprised to find that janelle was for the most part quiet. as the boy neared the end of the worksheet he took a side glance at the brunette- as he saw her far off stare and pouted lips he placed his pencil on the desk and faced her.

"what's wrong?" he whispered her way, those brown eyes of hers widened slightly- startled by the sound of his voice so suddenly. she blinked, gaze slowly but surely landing on him.

"just bored..." jungwon nodded and peeked down at her paper. when he realized that hardly any of the equations had been solved he chuckled.

"but you didn't even finish the assignment yet."

"so." she blinked again. "i don't feel like it to be honest." the girl spoke and the expression on her face matched her words perfectly.

her eyes found his paper, and grew in size once again. she pulled the sheet closer to her as she leaned her face down, so close her skin nearly touched it. "wait, how do you only have two left?" the brunette asked as she looked back to him and he smirked, pointing a thumb behind himself.

janelle didn't have to look to know he was referring to jake. she smacked her teeth, turning around in her seat to face aforementioned boy.

his head lied resting on his arms, he appeared to be asleep but jae couldn't care less, she tapped the top of his head. when he didn't reply the first time she did it again and again, which made jungwon laugh beside her. eventually jake lifted his head slowly, with narrowed eyes- aimed directly at the girl.