2 6

song rec : S.O.S (dpr live)

the girl walked through the hall, bag strung across her shoulder. she was headed to her last 'class' of the day and the one she has been dreading the most- dance.

it may be a little concerning why she was so stressed over something she's been doing her entire life. so let me explain.

every student has a focus or concentration here at seouls performing arts school. some have a vocal concentration, such as beomgyu, soobin, kai and taehyun. while others have a dual concentration, such as yeonjun and haechan who have a focus of vocals and sub-focus for dancing or mark with a focus on dancing and a sub-focus for producing.

so here, janelle's concentration was obviously for dancing. but in each concentration, students take classes that help them improve and hone their skills. for dance specifically, students take a couple of classes that solely focus on improving their fitness and stamina while the other may be entirely centered on what genre/style of dance the student specializes in.

the dance department also has a dance team that represents the school. but in order to become apart
of the team every dance student must audition and the competition is surely fierce.

luckily enough for janelle she came at the start of a new semester so there weren't as many people trying out at this time of year. it would still be difficult though, and that's what left the girl unsettled the most.

she HAD to audition, those who made the team were offered so many more opportunities. many earned scholarships towards college, others given a chance to work with top entertainment companies and so on.

that was her catch. she had to make the team not only for those opportunities, but even for a chance to study here. it made that sense of pressure she always felt grow ten fold. but she knew with all the effort she put in- all the late nights, bruises, and sometimes even tears - she would be okay.

|

janelle left the locker room, dressed in an oversized t-shirt and wide leg pants, her platform doc martens replaced with a pair of sneakers. her hair fell down her back in two braids, with her bangs resting just above her eyes.

she would remain in the dance studio for a little over 2 hours, before her audition.

as she made her way there, she thought about how her day had went so far. aside from the anxiousness residing in the pit of her stomach, everything else was pretty enjoyable.. amusing even-

|

the girl took her seat beside the quiet boy and sighed to herself. it was going to be a long day, she could already feel it.

the students were all working on a simple english assignment, except the girl could do nothing but stare at the paper.

the boy beside her looked over in slight interest. his eyes observing her face-

 his eyes observing her face-