3 0 0

song rec : being (tabber)

The next few weeks flew by much quicker than janelle ever realized. before she knew it she was just a mere 48 hours away from seeing her mom. the teenage girl was beyond excited to be reunited with the eccentric woman that she missed so much. their initial plan was for the girl to return home, but her mother insisted on the opposite, with her instead visiting jae in korea. her reason being, she wanted to ensure the girl was living "responsibly on her own" and all that jazz.

janelle wasn't entirely sure if she was more nervous or excited for her mother to be spending spring break with her. and most of her nervousness anyway, came from the worry that her mother would want to meet her friends. at least the one's she was closest too. it was inevitable knowing her mom, so the best she could do was prepare herself for the woman's antics before she actually arrived.

janelle shuts her locker, offering jungwon a sideways smile. "so what's your point jungwonie?" he scoffs, taking the girl's textbook as she places her bag on her shoulder.

"don't you find that the slightest bit weird that she'd upload just for him?" the boy is looking at her with an inquisitive stare, almost like he expects her to answer his question incorrectly.

"of course I think its weird, but judging by her entire character arc I am far from surprised." she tugs at the hem of her skirt, eyes never leaving his.

"nora is no better, lets him break up with ingrid just to dump him a day later, ridiculous." there's a tiny pout pulling at his lips, which causes the older girl to chuckle.

"did not realize you felt so strongly about this show." she teases as the boy returns her book.

"its your fault."

"hey I warned you, its stupid yet oddly addicting." she says as she holds a hand up in mock surrender. the pair chuckle, heading on their way to their shared class. as they walk through the busy halls of the school, they eventually come across 3 of the 4 02z (jae is an unofficial member as you know).

"where were you two?" jake asks as the duo approaches them.

"jungwon don-"

"jae forgot her book... again."

the three boys look at her with crooked smiles and judging glances.

"whatever." she says with a wave of her hand and sassy eye roll to accompany it.

"this is getting sad jae-ah." jake says while putting a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"no its not...!"

"you forget your math book 4 out of the five days we attend school." sunghoon teases.

"she'd forget her head if it wasn't attached to her." janelle turns her attention to jay at his playful jab and scoffs.

"congratulations. you sound like my mother."

"yah!"

"lets just go to class guys." jungwon speaks, as he ushers the group forward. acting to diffuse the situation- knowing just how unpredictable his friends can be.

as the school day came to an end, janelle's mood visibly lifted. it was now officially spring break. she could sleep in, eat good, visit new places and sleep some more.

the girl sat patiently upon one of the benches near the front entrance of the building. for some reason, she happened to get dressed faster than her male counterparts, which left her to wait for a few of them to come out.

all the girl's focus was on her phone, as she tapped away at the screen. she as usual was texting the group chat with jk, tae, jimin, and j-hope. only when the girl felt something touch the top of her head did she peer up. there stood sunoo with a bright smile aimed her way.

"hey sunoo." she grinned sweetly, easily spotting the group also heading in their direction.

"hey bae." he took the spot next to her and extended his arm. she watched his movements curiously; especially when he held out a small carton.

"what's this?" she asked, looking from the small carton to the boy.

"ah, well I was thirsty and asked sunghoon to get me something from the vending machine." he chuckled cutely, "but then I remembered I had another water bottle in my locker so...." he shrugged.

"you're giving it to me?" she asked, her confusion blatant.

"mhm! here you go." he urged the carton into the girl's small hand and smiled again. "its chrysanthemum tea."

"wait that's my favorite- and its cold!" unconsciously a large smile came to her full lips and she looked back to him. "you sure you don't want it?" her eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"yup im sure, enjoy."

"thanks sunoo-ah."

"don't thank me- thank sunghoon." his smile this time was a little slicker, but janelle was far too distracted to realize.

the group joined them, with everyone falling into conversation. jae however spoke absentmindedly as she worked on getting the straw into her drink.

sunghoon stood, quietly listening to a conversation between jay and niki when he noticed the carton in the girl's hand and the absence of one in sunoo's. the boys' gazes met and sunoo smirked while sunghoon merely shook his head.

janelle sipped happily on her drink, getting to her feet.

"you're leaving already?" soobin asked and she nodded.

"yah I thought we were all going to hang out, you can't go home early jae!" beomgyu whined and kai and mark laughed. a few of the boys turned to better hear their conversation.

"sorry I would but I have to get my apartment ready."

"ready for what?" mark asked.

the brunette sighed deeply, "my mother." she deadpanned and most if not all of their eyes widened to some degree.

"your mother's coming?!" sunghoon nearly yelled earning an odd look from the girl before she smiled.

"yeah, she's spending the break with me."

"all of it?" "I thought you were going home?" a couple asked and she laughed.

"not all of it- but most, and I thought so too but plans changed- anyways I gotta go." she smiled and waved her hand. "i'll see you guys."

"BUT SEE US WHEN?!" beomgyu yelled dramatically- earning a deep laugh from the retreating girl.

"her mother's coming?" sunghoon asked again, earning a light slap from jay.