5 0 0

song rec : pretty girl (clairo)

inside the private karaoke room the three teenagers take turns choosing a song where they all either end up dancing wildly within the small space or dramatically feign tears as they watch one another perform slow ballads. janelle laughs as she watches yeonjun and niki perform a duet.

niki slightly taller than the older has him by the hand twirling him. at first yeonjun pretended to be annoyed by the action but soon found himself enjoying it. happily being spun around the boy sings to his heart's desire and janelle looks on merrily.

when their song comes to an end, niki let's go of yeonjun and skips towards janelle.

"one ballad.. just one." he pleads, holding his pointer finger in front of his face. the girl meets his gaze and puckers her lips. her head begins to shake but at the same time he shakes his own- hands reaching out to grasp her shoulders lightly. "please..." her pucker turns into a pout.

"oh my gosh..." she groans and a bright smile appears on his face.

"i'll take that as a yes!" he exclaims, pulling the brunette straight out of her seat. he leads them in front of the screen- simultaneously taking the other mic from yeonjun's hand. said boy merely blinks before a goofy smile lifts his lips.

"alright let's go jae..!" he cheers, taking a spot on one of the plush couches. she rolls her eyes, but he doesn't miss the tiny smile that graces her lips. niki hands her the mic, and faces the large screen as he looks for a suitable song.

"this one..!" he yells and the other two look at him with wide eyes. yeonjun upon reading the title laughs loudly.

"out of all the songs they have you chose this one?" the younger's eyebrows raise as he stares in confusion.

"what do you mean? this is a good song!"

"is it? or is it just the first korean song you memorized the words to?" yeonjun questions, laughing hysterically at this point. janelle on the other hand stands beside niki with her own look of confusion tainting her expression. she blinks turning her attention to the screen and then yeonjun.

"i don't get it..." she begins, "what's wrong with the song?"

"nothing!" niki cries in frustration. although yeonjun eventually stops laughing- the smirk of amusement hasn't left his face.

"right... nothing."

niki ignores him and selects the song with a smile.

"ready jae-chan?"

she can hear the excitement in his voice but the look on yeonjun's face makes her nervous. still she nods her head, smiling back at him.

"mhm" she hums, "let's get it..!"

|

yeonjun is laughing again, niki smiles contentedly and janelle is flushed with embarrassment.

"not half bad" yeonjun compliments, clapping his hands.

jae just flips him off playfully as she responds. "look i can't sing very well as it is and that song- i'm sorry to say nik did not help."