6 0 0

song rec : her (BTS)

janelle takes a sip from her drink, eyes drifting to the boys across from her

janelle takes a sip from her drink, eyes drifting to the boys across from her. each primarily focused on the pizza in front of them as they chew contentedly. the group talk about random things that are happening at their school, with a joke told here and there. janelle laughs every time with twinkling eyes as she listens.

her phone pings again with an alert of some sort- the first in the past hour or so. she subconsciously rubs her hand across the soft material of her sweats without much care and retrieves the device. when she unlocks it, she's taken to her messages.

here she sees that it is a series of messages from jungkook and the others and she can't help but to wonder why her phone hadn't notified her earlier. with her interest peaked almost immediately, she begins reading the messages- keeping jake's voice at the forefront of her mind as he talks about something passionately.

...

laughing at the boy's last message, janelle chuckles sitting her phone back down

...
laughing at the boy's last message, janelle chuckles sitting her phone back down. she peeks up and sees both jake and jay playfully nudging one another, but when they notice her stare they immediately stop, clearing their throats. one of her brows raise in confusion and she looks between them.

"what's up?"

"nothing." they reply in unison and now her brows furrow instinctively at the same time that her full lips thin. she turns her head to the one directly next to her, which happens to be jungwon.

his expression is rather unreadable but he puts a soft smile on his face when he sees the girl's attention on him.

"what are those bimbos hiding?"

"did you just call me a bimbo?" jay asks with a look of incredulity.

"sure did." she says immediately, "well?" she asks and jungwon chuckles a bit.

"couldn't tell you" the boy shrugs, "i was staring at my phone." jae pouts at this now facing sunghoon whose eyes are already on her. she blinks before rolling her eyes.

"i doubt you'll tell me?"

he nods with a smug look, "you would be correct ms. oden"

what had been the reason the two boys were laughing between themselves? well they'd caught sunghoon staring shamelessly at the girl who sat none the wiser. jungwon had even noticed too. but he didn't plan on saying anything and neither did the others.

another eye roll and sigh comes from the girl, but she lets the matter go.

"we should probably get this all cleaned up- before heading out." it is jay that suggests this, catching the girl's attention.

"oh you guys don't have to." she begins blinking up at him. the older smiles, patting her head as he gets to his feet.

"it's fine." he replies as the others begin to stand up themselves.

"yea of course we'll help clean up." jake chimes in with a bright smile, contagious enough for janelle to mirror him.

"you guys sure? the sun has pretty much set." she asks, big eyes darting to the open window and back. the four boys can hear the hint of worry dripping in her words, which warms their hearts whether they'd admit it to themselves or not.

"oh hush and go get a trash bag." sunghoon chides playfully nudging the shorter in the direction of her small kitchen. she doesn't say anything more, and simply follows the instruction which surprised not just sunghoon himself but the others as well.

when she returns with a large black trash bag, she makes her way towards the boys who gather all the used paper plates, pizza box and disposable cups- discarding of them. some way or another the task became some sort of competition for the teenagers who challenged one another to see who could collect the most trash. rather silly and childish but they found themselves doing it anyway and with large smiles on their faces all the while.

playfully pushing and shoving, even jake tackling a boasting jungwon to get the upper hand made it rather difficult  for the group to complete the menial task in a timely manner. but when they do eventually finish, they are bent over in fits of laughter that cause their stomachs to ache.

janelle thanks the boys for their help and wish them safe travels home. while the day may not have seemed long she still felt a bit tired and decided to head to bed a little earlier than usual. it was in her bed that the girl lied there staring up at the ceiling. unaware of the time passing by with her gazing absently at the creme' canvas above her. a chime comes from her phone and after a second or two she reaches over. she gives her eyes a moment to adjust to the brightness of the screen and when they do a smile slowly lifts her lips. to greet her was a text that read, "goodnight, sleep well gremlin 😔" from sunghoon. she typed a quick reply, the smile never leaving her face. but after that sleep came easier than before.