7 0 0

a/n : bold/italicized text = english dialogue
italicized text = japanese dialogue
standard (normal) text = korean dialogue

song rec : brian is the most beautiful (memo boy)

janelle knocks on the wooden door solidly. but when there's no answer and a few moments spent waiting- the girl sighs.

"well i really don't know what you expected jae when we could literally hear their loud ass music from down the block."

"okay well... i don't want to just walk into somebody's home montana."

"girl if you don't call one of your friends."

janelle turns her head, looking at the younger with wide eyes and her lips in an 'o' shape. "okay.. okay...! you're onto something." she says with a smile, while wagging her finger.

it takes her a minute to fish out her phone, but when she does she is quick to call jay again. it isn't long until the line connects.

"yeah.. uh i'm here... oh- are you sure? uh okay..." she ends the call putting her phone into her pocket. "he said we can just walk in."

"well then why are we standing out here in the cold janelle?"

"you know what...! i'm tired of you montana."

"yeah me too. real tired actually probably because i was in the middle of sleeping come to think of it." the other retorts sarcastically.

"yeah yeah... whatever c'mon." the brunette reaches out, opening the large door. when they step in a wave of warmth rushes over them.

"they don't got a fan or something?"

"didn't you just say it was cold?"

"yeah and now it's hot leave me alone."

montana rolls her eyes before she gasps eyeing the house. which proves a bit difficult to even see because of how dim the lighting is- not to mention the sheer amount of people present.

jae doesn't give it much thought when she takes montana's hand and begins weaving them through the party-goers.

"where are we going?"

"upstairs- they're upstairs." she says just barely loud enough to be heard over the booming music. both girls can feel the beginnings of a headache coming on but try their best to ignore it.

everyone seems to be in their own little world but every now and then the girls catch pairs of eyes focusing on them as they walk past. while jae's expression seems rather neutral montana's is quite the opposite. As it shows the younger's obvious discomfort.

when they make it to the top of the stairs they each take a relieved breath. for some reason the air feels cooler on the second floor but neither is up to question it. 

"let's check that room first." janelle says, nodding her head to the left.

"alright." as they let go of one another's hands, they continue walking side by side- shoulder to shoulder. stopping at the bedroom's door montana knocks softly, casting a look at janelle.

"I SWEAR TO GOD JAEMIN GO AWAY!" came a voice from the other side.

montana keeps her eyes on jae, mostly in question but the girl just shrugs once and with a hand opens the door.

"didn't i say go away jaemin?- you're really not helping dude."

"what did jaemin do to you?" janelle chuckles stepping into the small room with montana close behind her.

"oh thank god okay it's just you."

"yup just little ole' me-" she chimes playfully, rocking her weight to the balls of her feet and back.

"and you made a friend?"

janelle looks in the direction jay is and laughs a bit when she realizes he's only referring to montana.

"oh yeah, i forgot to tell you guys my best friend came to visit too huh?" her smile is almost sheepish but weirdly happy as well. "jay this is montana, montana this is jay." she says waving her hand between the two of them.

"nice to meet you." they greet in unison.

"now where's my baby at?"

jay chuckles and gestures toward the bed. "right there."

janelle walks over leaving montana to stand still where she's at. her and jay end up staring and smiling at one another a bit awkwardly. 

as jae steps up beside the bed, her eyes land on the rather disheveled appearance of her younger friend and her lips thin. his hair covers his eyes and his breaths are ragged but peaceful.

"he's okay?" she asks, throwing a single look back at jay who nods, but her head turns just as quickly back to niki. "you okay? are you feeling alright niki-san?" 

she gets the boy's attention when she calls out to him in japanese. his eyes flutter open and when his gaze focuses on her face he smiles lightly.

"she just wants to flex the fact that she can speak three languages."

jay laughs, "okay but she's not the only one so..." at his sassy remark montana smiles, an impressed look on her face.

"hey jae-chan..." niki speaks croakily. exhaustion clear on his sharp features. "i feel a little better."

"okay, that's good. that's good..!" she speaks while attempting to sit beside him but when she makes contact with the bed a groan comes from it. "what the hell?! was that you?" she asks startled. but niki just shakes his head innocently.

when she looks at the other two they shrug their shoulders, equally surprised. the girl blinks in confusion for a moment before reaching out to smack the part of the bed she'd tried to sit.

"OW!" from the other end a head pops from beneath the covers.

montana's lips purse for a moment and then she says, "well this shit is weird."

"sunghoon?! what are you doing here?" jae asks incredulously.

"what am i doing here?! what are you doing here? and you hit me so why you sound so surprised?!"

janelle whips her head toward jay and he laughs loudly. "oh yeah! i forgot he was here..!"

"forgot? forgot he was here how does that even happen?" janelle mumbles and montana just shakes her head; holding back her smile.

"yeah, that's kinda rude.." sunghoon pipes.

"hey i don't mean to interrupt- as entertaining as this is.... but it looks like he's about to throw up." montana chimes in gesturing toward a very pale niki.

"well that's not good."

"you think?"

"shut up sunghoon!"

✩✩✩