7 0 0

song rec : show me how (men i trust)

after a long week janelle lies on her bed, head against her pillow with her face upturned towards the ceiling. her eyes are shut and breaths come softly as she has since fallen asleep since returning home from school. the room is rather quiet, nothing but the sounds of whatever seemed to be happening outside- audible only because of the open window in the living room.

out of nowhere her pouty lips quirk as a small smile suddenly takes position on her face. it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the girl was obviously dreaming- and it must be of something certainly pleasant.

...
janelle props her hands behind her to keep her body upright as she lifts her head, allowing the sunshine to wash over her. its bright rays leave her skin aglow - almost fairy-like beneath the golden light. the wind its own supporting character as it successfully sends bouts of air that just barely move the girl's dark hair around her, perfectly framing her heart shaped face.

as janelle breathes in the crisp air she visibly relaxes, letting her body slide down until she lies flat against the large blanket. with curious eyes that quickly pan from one spot to the next, she realizes she's in the middle of a large clearing. it's pasture painted in rich green with vibrant flowers in bloom all around. once again her head turns, now focused on the sky- a calming blanket of blue.

it's takes her a while to notice that someone's joined her. their body taking the spot beside her. when she finally decides to look over, her eyes widen at the sight of the boy who's already staring back at her. his gaze is warm and his smile is soft. somehow his milky complexion sparkles in the light.

"hoon?"

"hey janelle."

the two teenagers fell into conversation with ease. as if they'd been together the entire time. but maybe they had. it all seemed rather hazy for the girl but her smiles never ceased and neither did the glistening of his gaze whenever he looked at her.

the pair were now sat side by side- shoulders brushing against one another's gently as they spoke. the enthusiasm dripped from their hushed voices.

janelle reached out in an attempt to steal a strawberry but sunghoon caught her wrist, staring at the other inquisitively. her heart stopped then before it's rapid beating began again all too suddenly for her liking. so much so it hurt and the girl frowned.

he placed the strawberry past his lips with a smirk. when he noticed the small frown on janelle's glossy lips his brows furrowed.

"don't be so pouty baby" his fingers gently traced the lining of her cheek and jaw before tapping her chin.

"what?" fearing that she'd misheard. and she had.

with a chuckle he offers her a strawberry of her own. "i said, don't be such a pouty baby.

janelle placed the fruit into her mouth chewing silently avoiding his gaze until she'd finished. when she glared up at him her stare was fierce.

"i'm not a baby."

"you're not?"

"i'm not." she spoke determinedly.

"then prove it." his gaze was sharp and his words firm.

"how am i to do that park?"