6 9

** song rec : nobody (mitski)
( a /n : ^^ maybe just because this chpt is centered around a sulky jae on valentine's day n maybe just cause i like it :3 )

janelle walked through the halls, annoyance dampening her mood. not only were the halls of the dark victorian styled school decorated in rich red banners, loose rose petals  strewn across cobblestone paths and baskets filled to the brim with sweet chocolates- but couples. everywhere. the girl honestly hadn't even noticed before. but it all seemed amplified on this particular day.

why was she so irritated anyway? normally the holiday didn't bother her. normally. this year was obviously the exception. today just seemed to be unnecessarily long, despite the courses being uneventful. no one bothered to learn anything, too busy whispering sweet nothings into their partners ears, or chatting about the person who just asked them out.

even her own friends seemed to be consumed by the holiday going on and on about who asked them out and who gave them what. and while many, even those who didn't have dates planned to go out and enjoy their friday night the girl would be stuck in dance practice. maybe that was the icing on the bitter ass cake.

"jae are you even listening?" the brunette blinked falling out of her stupor at the sound of her friends voice, his hand upon her shoulder.

"hm? what did you say?" she asked, meeting the eyes of jake. he frowned at the far away look on the girl's face.

"i said you sure you can't come to the movies tonight?" her pouted lips parted into an 'o' shape, before shaking her head.

"i have a mandatory practice tonight"

"i will never understand you dance students" namiko spoke up, from the other side of the australian boy.

"girl i don't fucking get it either- trust me." janelle sighed, just as jake put an arm around her shoulder guiding the girls around a corner.

"damn.. it was going to be fun" jake frowned, but the shorter poked his cheek making his nose crinkle in response.

"hopefully she won't keep me too long. if not we can all hang out at my place if y'all want?"

"i'm down" the smile coming back to his youthful face.

"sounds fun" namiko joined in, with a pretty smile of her own.

"what period we got right now?" she questioned.

"stats" the boy replied.

"shit. i forgot my book i'll be right bac-" she started, stepping away from the boy.

"-i'll come with." he said.

"i gotta get to the auditorium right now anyway- see you guys later" the short-haired girl added and the others waved her goodbye.

"bye nami" they said in unison, janelle nudging his hip as she began walking back down the hall from which they came.

"you really my twin" jake joked.

"'twin'? boy let's be honest.. you wanna be me so bad" she laughed.

|