7 8

** song rec : mood (dpr ian)

janelle went through the week with each day garnering more and more anxiousness. the feeling settling deep within her stomach. and it was all for one simple reason. she had a date with park sunghoon. as excited as the girl felt, she had no clue at all what to expect from the date. it would no doubt be fun- she knew she would enjoy her time, but this was going to be her first date ever. and that alone left her a tad bit unsettled. she was always so used to her usual banter with the boy, she wouldn't know what to do with herself if he were to behave differently.

but to help she spent a lot of time nagging montana with her worries, and spending her small bit of free time with her friends.

now it was thursday evening, and the girl sat perched comfortably on her bed- mounds of blankets and pillows piled high around her. several books and loose pages spread on her small bed table before her. she stared down lazily, pen between her teeth as she tried to figure out the solution to one of the many math equations printed on the sheet of paper. but she was pulled from her train of thought when she felt her phone vibrating beneath her lap. grabbing it swiftly, she was surprised when she read the name on the dim screen.

 grabbing it swiftly, she was surprised when she read the name on the dim screen

...

"can i help you park?" the girl speaks with an underlying tone of boredom. but unsurprising to her, she hears the boy's low chuckle on the other end of the line.

"what a greeting." he jokes and the girl rolls her eyes with a smile on her face.

"well?"

"i was actually calling to see if you needed any help finishing some work- but clearly you're straight so-"

jae's heart suddenly lurches in her chest and she stops him before he can hang up. "i do."

"you do..?? what..?"

"need your help..." she drags, hating the way she sounds to her own ears. again he's chuckling and the sound brings a soft warmth to her cheeks.

"that's what i thought." he teases, and she can hear the smirk a mile away.

"shut the hell up sunghoon" she chuckles. without another word from him, the dark screen brightens now with an incoming facetime call from the ravenette boy.

45 minutes later

...

...

"but basically it makes sense if you take into account that they're given equal proportions- unless it's a placebo then.. that's a bit different."

sunghoon's voice comes smoothly, as he explains one of the last problems on their math assignment. janelle sits- quietly listening. her time of joking and teasing the boy long gone as her eyes flit from him to the paper before her.

the sound of his voice eventually dies down, as the girl writes swiftly. her entire focus on the task at hand. even the ravenette himself is busy staring at his own work- jotting down a note or two. as minutes tick by without either saying much, janelle finally brings her pen to a halt. hand aching, she places it to the side- as she reads over the sheet once more. when she doesn't notice any mistakes a small breath of relief leaves her and she looks up.

a smile lifts her full lips, seeing sunghoon so focused. for just a moment his dark eyebrows furrow- pinching together closely and he brings his bottom lip between his teeth. the only visible expression is one of deep thought as he concentrates.

janelle doesn't say anything. rather she sits with big eyes, waiting for the latter to finish.

|

sunghoon clicks his tongue, glancing up when he sees the girl's attention resting on him. her eyes hold a gentleness to them. her head being supported by her propped hand. he smiles before raising a single brow. "you do know a picture lasts longer?"

"yea and pictures are also meant to capture fleeting moments."

"your point?"

"why take a picture of you when i intend to have you around for a while."

the innocence of her face that counteracts the boldness of her statement leave the boy speechless and flustered under her soft stare. she only smiles brightly in triumph when she realizes the effect her words have on the him.

"be quiet" he groans and this time she laughs cutely.

"... thank you 'hoonie"

"no need to thank me" he starts, turning his gaze back to his phone. "i wanted to talk to you regardless if you needed my help or not"

the girl blatantly fights away the blush that hints at her cheeks. "flirt all you want park sunghoon but darren chen and dpr ian still have my heart"

"we'll see how long that lasts" he smirks and she quickly turns her face away from the phone.

"i will literally hang up- leave me 'lone"

"i was just following by example- you did it first"

"ok and?? it's fine when i do it"

"that doesn't even make sense"

"and neither does you being bitchless - but alas here you are"

the boy blinks, "it's like you're a girl stuck with a pubescent 12 year old boy's brain"

"i- bitch"

"exactly, don't got a comeback for that do you?" he laughs loudly.

"rot."

"cute."