9 4

song rec : score (isaiah rashad) ft. sza, 6lack
song rec : claymore (isaiah rashad) ft. amino

"ms. oden... you're not on your cell phone are you?" a rough voice echoes.

despite the slight jump of her shoulders from being startled by the sudden call of her name janelle's face remains rather impassive.

'the fuck it look like?' bites the little voice in janelle's head.

silently, the girl purses her lips together, carefully placing the device face down on her desk, before allowing her eyes to meet those of the older man. she bows her head with a mock expression of solemn, apologizing in a low voice.

"I don't want to see it again. and I'd suggest you focus- we're both well aware of your struggles in this class."

janelle's dark brows shoot up in surprise, furrowing at the blatant jab from the math teacher. her lips thin and it takes everything in her power not to kiss her teeth in annoyance. so again, she nods respectfully, but anyone could see the pointed glare directed towards him. the brunette looks at jungwon, who is seated beside her. when she sees that his gaze is already focused on her she tilts her head - almost as if to silently say "really?" the boy has to stifle his laughter, especially given the utter deadpan on the other's face. whether jungwon or the other boys were aware, janelle was completely embarrassed. and now she had yet another thing to add to her list of reasons why she deemed mr. han a 'sad hoe-ass excuse for a teacher.'

not only that but she still has to use the restroom.

"bitch." she mumbles, so quietly it goes unheard to all those around her.

|

"alright now that we've completed today's lesson and you have your instructions regarding the unit project... i will allow you guys to get into groups of... hm let's see... 4 or 5 of your fellow classmates. you'll have the remainder of the period to start brainstorming some ideas with your group. you may begin."

as soon as the man turns back to the wide blackboard behind himself janelle's head snaps to the cat-eyed boy beside her. she grabs his arm- that is placed casually on his desk - and dramatically holds it, letting her upper body slump forward. "jungwon you have to partner with me"

the boy chuckles, staring down at her gentle hold on his arm. he nods his head cutely, "sure" she turns her head once more to jake, who is sitting behind them. "you too jakeh"

"well obviously." he says with a playful roll of his eyes. "oh here come jay and sunghoon." sure enough the two boys walk over- jay taking the now available seat beside jake leaving one spot open beside the girl. sunghoon eyes first the seat then the girl still dramatically gripping jungwon's arm with the softest doe-eyed gaze.

he swallows taking the seat next to her. "that desperate to pass huh." he teases, ebony eyes forward.

"excuse you- i'd pass regardless but it'll be more fun with you guys- DUH." janelle muses, having let go of jungwon's arm completely focusing on sunghoon. even going as far as to inch closer to him towards the end of her sentence. he tries to hide his smile but fails as she continues staring at him with big eyes. he begins to feel a heat invade his face and neck- sure there was a shade of red to match. so rather than saying anything he takes it upon himself to reach out- place his hand atop her crown of curls and turn her head himself. the girl giggles. actually giggles and the light twinkle of sound catches each and every one of the boys by surprise.